Ok, so, I have a Cube 30x and I like it alot but I was just wondering, on the Clean channels, do Cubes "naturally" give out a bell-like , bassy tone or is it my guitar? And if it is indeed the Cube, does anyone know some settings that might take away a little punch and add a little more twanginess? If not, anyone recommend any effects that might? If not....lol, well I guess I'll just have to live it, won't I? Thanks
Hey, is your tone turned up on your guitar? That might be it, but I am interested in buying a Cube 30X, is it loud enough for jamming around with friends with drums and stuff?
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
i own a cube 60, so im not sure if the 30 is too similar but if its anything like mine, i set the cleans on bright, bass around 3 or 4, mids and treble anywhere around 6.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
you using hums or single coils?
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Quote by guitarkid7
Hey, is your tone turned up on your guitar? That might be it, but I am interested in buying a Cube 30X, is it loud enough for jamming around with friends with drums and stuff?

hmm, it mighta been..lemme check

EDIT:
By the way, it could probably keep up with drums, but if you primarily plan on using it for band practice and not for bedroom practice, you should go with the Cube 60. The reason why the 30x is so great for bedroom practice is because it has this function called the "Power Squeezer" which gives you the tone and quality of a cranked amp at low volumes. So, if you don't need this feature, get the 60. Whatever you get, definitely make sure its a Cube. Hope I helped.
Last edited by LordBattlecrisp at Mar 9, 2007,
Alright.
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
Don't buy a cube if you can afford an orange/peavy transtube/marshall avt. OK?
I have a Cube 30 and I love it, but It takes pedals quite badly...
Quote by Sonicxlover
Obviously we should play the UG theme.

ULTIMATE GUITAR! YOO GEE!?
Quote by anarchy_skater

mm, does it really? what pedals do you use? cause I eventually planned on getting some pedals. Oh, and are you sure you are using the pedals correctly? Cause you are only supposed to use pedals while on the Clean channel, not Lead. If you use Lead it will sound awful

BTW, i think Cube is > Marshall's and Peavey's in the same price range
Quote by guitarkid7

My tone was on "1". I turned it up...sound more twangy now....thank you
Quote by LordBattlecrisp
Ok, so, I have a Cube 30x and I like it alot but I was just wondering, on the Clean channels, do Cubes "naturally" give out a bell-like , bassy tone or is it my guitar? And if it is indeed the Cube, does anyone know some settings that might take away a little punch and add a little more twanginess? If not, anyone recommend any effects that might? If not....lol, well I guess I'll just have to live it, won't I? Thanks

I have the same amp. Exact same. And it kinda does on mine, but I think it's my dumb pickups.

Try ajusting your bass and middle and treble. Or trying using the lead channel but use tweed or black panel. Just experiment.
Quote by LordBattlecrisp
My tone was on "1". I turned it up...sound more twangy now....thank you

Ok, thats good. And yeah your other post helped me, thanks.
Quote by Maggot66
Yeah that was it for sure.

lol, i'm a bit "green" with guitar, only been playing 2 months

btw, do you have any cool settings you can share with me?

oh, and also, how is that DS-1 working for ya? I was considering it since it's made by Boss/Roland and probably is a good complement to the Cube
Dude, I have a Cube myself, I know how to use pedals. Dont' ask a cube user about using a cube when you have no cube. Cube? I mean, OK?
Quote by Sonicxlover
Obviously we should play the UG theme.

ULTIMATE GUITAR! YOO GEE!?
hums for twang? is it a gretsch?

Maybe try turning the bass down, and the treble all the way up on the neck, or about to 7 on the bridge.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by LordBattlecrisp
btw, do you have any cool settings you can share with me?

hey dude. just thought i'd harp on your newb-ness to guitar a bit more, but help at the same time. Asking folks for amp settings is kinda futile, unless their rig and guitar is identical to yours.

the best bet, is to put all your tone controls, like bass, mid, treble and gain to about 5, right in the middle, and play the song you want a good tone for. Experiment with each knob one at a time to see how it affects the sound. It shouldn't take long to find what you like. The same trick works for effect pedals and guitars... set everything to the middle, and experiment with each knob.
Does anyone here know if the Cub 15x is O.K. for bedroom practice aswell?
Quote by guitarkid7

It's Ok, I mean, If I turn my Cube 30x all the way up I get by playing with a drummer but it all depends on how your drummer plays, some play louder than others. I suggest getting something bigger if you want to have a nice jam band.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by anarchy_skater

Right...