You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Stay FAR away from those, all equally shit, honestly.

For that price, Roland Cube, Vox Valvetronix, Laney LC15, Epi valve jr etc.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Ashdown Fallen Angel 40w.

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/14396

Edit: Oops, £70 over. Well +1 on what he ^ said, then, if you won't save more.
Quote by ShizNick
Ok I think we're all good now. We're on the same page, and I'm back to trying to get with his sister.

^That's how you do it, kids!
Member #3 of the Iron Maiden Are Gods club. PM Revelations to join!

I write, apparently!
^Damn straight.

How's the Axis Fuzz then? Gotten more used to it?
Don't be afraid to care"

May want to start researching these boards. I don't think I have ever read of a single post saying something positive about the Marshal MG series.
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Damn straight.

How's the Axis Fuzz then? Gotten more used to it?

Yep. I've discovered a pretty nice sound with it together with my TS9: where the TS9 provides a better low end. I still only use it with the drive on 9-10, lower than that and it loses it's bite (I think I'll post some soundclips sometime of how different 8 is to 9 on the drive knob). It pisses me off that it doesn't work after my wah, so I'll have to look at adding an output buffer to it (too bad my soldering iron died).

I can do some nice hendrix-woodstock-star-spangled-banner-style airplane sounds with it, using the whammy bar.
^I need an output buffer too, I so want that "Come On (Let the Good Times Roll)" Hendrix fuzz and wah sound.

The tonal differences from just a slight adjustment to a knob is huge, I love mine.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
^I need an output buffer too, I so want that "Come On (Let the Good Times Roll)" Hendrix fuzz and wah sound.

I can get that by rolling of the volume a bit: 'Come On' sounds more like silicon to me anyway.

I need to get my Octavia finished, for some Band of Gypsys -type stuff, but I need get my soldering iron repaired first.

I'll probably make a copy of my fuzz; just for shits and giggles; because all the parts are really easy to find around here.
Last edited by mr_hankey at Mar 9, 2007,
I think I've played the Crate, and wasn't impressed. The other two I haven't played, but I've heard over and over that they're shit. R_H_C_P's suggestions are probably better.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Ehhhhh they're all crap. Get a Laney LC15R.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by mr_hankey
I can get that by rolling of the volume a bit: 'Come On' sounds more like silicon to me anyway.

I need to get my Octavia finished, for some Band of Gypsys -type stuff, but I need get my soldering iron repaired first.

I'll probably make a copy of my fuzz; just for shits and giggles; because all the parts are really easy to find around here.

I can get the Come On sound brilliantly.
I need to learn to build pedals, are there any books about it? I'd probably make the output buffer, then an original Clyde McCoy...
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
I can get the Come On sound brilliantly.
I need to learn to build pedals, are there any books about it? I'd probably make the output buffer, then an original Clyde McCoy...

All I've learnt is from the GB&C forum, and some links they have there (www.runoffgroove.com, www.geofex.com, etc.)

EDIT:
By the way, my mom came into my room yesterday and commented on how bad my new pedal sounded.
Last edited by mr_hankey at Mar 9, 2007,
Haha! My mum came in and said "It sounds a bit distorted" haha, amateur.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
Haha! My mum came in and said "It sounds a bit distorted" haha, amateur.

Wow! Your mom is familiar with with the term 'distortion'? She's way ahead of mine.
Yea, she knows what a wah is too since I play mine too much.
We were in the car and Maybe Tomorrow by the 'Phonics came on and she asked "is that one of them wah wah wah wah pedals in this song?"
I was rather impressed.
Don't be afraid to care"

I just bought a Boss tremolo, by the way. It should get here on monday.
I'm quite sure I'll replace it later on with a better Voodoo Lab or Fulltone pedal if I find it very useful; so I bought it second-hand.

Quote by gsr2k6

EDIT: Also, you two are kind of spamming his thread, might want to take it to pms seeing he was asking a completely un related question.

What was this thread about again?

EDIT:
Save up more.
Definatley go for a vox valvetronics in that price range. i bartered a bit for my 50watt one, and its kick arse. the effects are cool, and the distortion is fantastic! check it out on the recordings on my bands myspace.... www.myspace.com/therivettes! i used it on all of the recordings. its really loud as well for gigs and that as well. hoped that helped lol

cheers

Mr Highway Star
Quote by rtripton
May want to start researching these boards. I don't think I have ever read of a single post saying something positive about the Marshal MG series.

Yes. Those 3 amps are probably the most hated amps on this board. I'd say a 1x12 valve king.