So I was working on the intonation of my Strat, had never done it before, and on, well, basically all of my lower strings (E A D), the saddle is all the way up to the bottom of the guitar now (away from the neck, lol) and still the 12th fretted notes are sharp whilest the open strings are perfectly in tune. All saddles are quite low, I like playing with the strings close to the fretboard.

I'm using the tuner of the POD 2.0 which has always worked awesomely, there are brand new strings on them (ok, played on them for an hour or so) so I figured it has to be either the neck or the bridge.
Now the bridge is leveled somewhat above the body at the bottom, which seems logical because if it were flat you would be able to bend the notes up with the tremolo, but there are only three springs attached to the bridge at the back. Maybe that's a problem? But I don't know.

So there's the neck. I supposed I'll have to adjust the curve, right, by turning the trossrod abit. Question: Which way do I turn it to have my 12th frets not be flat anymore, (counter-)clockwise? And, just as important, how far? Say, 90 degrees, 180?
(ofc, after which I will have to adjust the saddles again).

Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated! =)
Woah, adjusting your truss rod won't make the notes at the 12th fret change in pitch. You do that by moving your bridge saddles back and forth. If the note is sharp the string is too short, and the saddle has to be moved towards the head a little. If the note is flat....you get the idea.

The truss rod is used to keep the neck from warping from the tension of the strings. Place your finger at the first and last frets, and while you're holding the guitar in playing position, look at the gap between the bottom of the string, and the top of the 8th fret....(the fret, not the fret board) the gap should be about the thickness of a credit card. If have too much of a gap, tighten the rod by turning it clockwise. If the neck is either dead straight, or if there's a little bit of a back bow, loosen the rod a touch....counter clockwise. You should only adjust a quarter of a turn at a time, some truss rods are more sensitive than others.

When setting up your guitar, after you change the strings, you should do things in this order:

-adjust the truss rod (rarely needed)
-set action
-set intonation
-Jay
Last edited by Shredderinslomo at Mar 9, 2007,