Page 1 of 2
they were okay, but pat the bunny (guitar player and singer) figured out that everyone got tired of hearing about drug addiction, squatting, and bad drug experiences in every song they played, which is why they no longer exist.
Quote by ghostmouse859
they were okay, but pat the bunny (guitar player and singer) figured out that everyone got tired of hearing about drug addiction, squatting, and bad drug experiences in every song they played, which is why they no longer exist.

How's Leftover Crack still popular then?

I know what you mean though, it gets old, but it doesn't seem to be the focus of the songs, just mentioned a lot.
Ugh.. more crap from the world of "Folk punk" or "riot folk" or whatever the hell they want to call themselves that day.

Fact of the matter is, the only good thing about it is the raw emotion in it, and most of the songs even lack that. Very few of them are pleasing to the ear... The only thing I dislike more than Johnny Hobo... is Tom Frampton
Quote by RockThe40oz
Ugh.. more crap from the world of "Folk punk" or "riot folk" or whatever the hell they want to call themselves that day.

Fact of the matter is, the only good thing about it is the raw emotion in it, and most of the songs even lack that. Very few of them are pleasing to the ear... The only thing I dislike more than Johnny Hobo... is Tom Frampton

I've been addicted to this acoustic stuff for a few months now, and I think it's better and more pleasing to the ear than any electric band I've ever heard, but I guess it's all opinion.
I downloaded the song available on their myspace a while ago and I liked that song but I never got into them enough to buy a cd.

^And Tom Frampton's voice is annoying, he's the only one on riot folk that I don't like.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
I just downloaded their split off soulseek to see how I liked them, I didn't buy it.
We were supposed to play a show with them on tour, but we couldn't make it there. I don't think that guy likes me. Whatever, my band name is a million times better than his.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
I really like acoustic music, especially acoustic folk punk. Now it seems like if you play punk and decide to play acoustic, you are folk punk when you pick up an acoustic. Leftover Crack is still popular because they have complicated songs, johnny hobo has a three chord progression every song.
Quote by ghostmouse859
I really like acoustic music, especially acoustic folk punk. Now it seems like if you play punk and decide to play acoustic, you are folk punk when you pick up an acoustic. Leftover Crack is still popular because they have complicated songs, johnny hobo has a three chord progression every song.

Leftover Crack don't have complicated music, they just use ska chords instead of regular chords. Also, Johnny Hobo use more than three chords, but I mean a solo in this type of music would be out of place and stupid.
leftover crack plays quite a bit faster than johnny hobo, therefore it is more complicated

Yahtzee.
Quote by ghostmouse859
leftover crack plays quite a bit faster than johnny hobo, therefore it is more complicated

Yahtzee.

Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
crazy kids and their make out parties...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
It's hard to get into him at first, but it's good stuff.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
There are a ton out there, but only a handful worth listening to.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
i have to say johnny hobo and the freight trains are my all time favourate band. Who gives a **** about the 3 chord progressions and all that sorta crap it sounds great. Pat the bunny's vocals and song writing skills are epic. By the way people who comment on genres they dont like look like retards
What do you guys think of Wingnut Dishwasher's Union? I really like them, but I'm not sure who I like better between the two.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Quote by Ska Wars
What do you guys think of Wingnut Dishwasher's Union? I really like them, but I'm not sure who I like better between the two.

WDU is awesome. I saw him play with Ghost Mice last summer. And actually he's playing a show in CT next week, which, depending on my work schedule, I will try to get out to.
Quote by neidnarb11890
WDU is awesome. I saw him play with Ghost Mice last summer. And actually he's playing a show in CT next week, which, depending on my work schedule, I will try to get out to.

It's all the way out in Trumbull again, I think.
I TOO WAS AT THAT GHOST MICE SHOW.

For a girl in Rhinelander, WI is the best!

Quote by Doolittle
It's all the way out in Trumbull again, I think.
I TOO WAS AT THAT GHOST MICE SHOW.

For a girl in Rhinelander, WI is the best!

Where the **** is Trumbull? *To Google maps!*

Also, yes, you were at the Ghost Mice show as well.
Also, NO WAY, Jesus Does the Dishes is where it's at!!

EDIT:
Trumbull isn't TOO far. At least it's on this side of the state. If I don't have to work that night, wanna go?
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Jul 19, 2008,
i cant find any johnny hobo to download, where can i get some?
Quote by farcry
the first time I've ever been sigged, and it had to be about a butthole. My dad would be proud.
My favorite WDU song isn't even a real song, I think. It's the "Pop Jam" from the Live In Plattsburgh, NY show bootleg thing. It's seriously one of the cathiest songs I've ever heard.
Quote by pnkrockfishermn
i cant find any johnny hobo to download, where can i get some?

Check your PMs.
Quote by Ska Wars

Check your PMs.

thank you
Quote by farcry
the first time I've ever been sigged, and it had to be about a butthole. My dad would be proud.
Last edited by pnkrockfishermn at Jul 21, 2008,
I have no grudge against folk punk, because it seems to be an overall really positive scene with a lot of honest artists and a lot of activism and stuff. That being said, I don't really dig the way it sounds.

Call me closed-minded, but I can't really get into punk that doesn't have drums, bass, and electric guitar.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
I have no grudge against folk punk, because it seems to be an overall really positive scene with a lot of honest artists and a lot of activism and stuff. That being said, I don't really dig the way it sounds.

Call me closed-minded, but I can't really get into punk that doesn't have drums, bass, and electric guitar.

I compete with KingofSka to adopt you
Has anyone heard free and alone by WDU? It's alot more 'johnny hobo' style than the other songs. Also, pat the bunny is releasing a new Johnny Hobo album called Hobology. I'm not sure if its new songs or just a collection
hmm i haven't heard about "hobology" yet, ill have to look it up, but i doubt its new songs because Pat is done with Johnny Hobo
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Yeah, the best we could hope for is maybe an unreleased track or two, probably.
Quote by RockThe40oz
He gave up Johnny Hobo because he was tired of singing about misery and whatnot... maybe he hit another dark streak...

We can only hope..

HIS MISERY = OUR ENJOYMENT

Haha, how ironic.

Isn't it funny how we enjoy listening to retards whine about how ****ing lazy and drugged out they are?

I ****in love it!
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Quote by Mav-16
Haha, how ironic.

Isn't it funny how we enjoy listening to retards whine about how ****ing lazy and drugged out they are?

I ****in love it!

I know I do!

*blasts Chinese Rocks*
Quote by RockThe40oz
Of course we enjoy it... it makes us feel like we can empathize with a loser with nothing going for them without having to actually be a loser with nothing going for us.. and that's what punx is all about, right?

you are correct sir!
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Page 1 of 2