Hey i'm in my school talent show tonight in front of like 2000 people. I dont do this alot so i wanted to know if you guys had any tips on preparation for big shows and how to stay calm and not get so nervous... thanks.
Quote by Heid
More realistically....I once tried to give myself head....I gave myself a sore neck and a loss of pride...
LISTEN TO ME PLAY!
Know your limit.

EDIT: That came out wrong. I mean like if you can't play drunk, don't be drunk.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Be sure to stay focused and don't get nervous.

If it's involving guitar or a band, get someone to video tape it and put it on YouTube. I'm anxious to see this for some reason. . .
just play your guitar for like 20-30 minutes before you go on stage so you are warmed up and ready to go and aren't stumbling around the fretboard cause your hands aren't moving as fast as they would had you not warmed up

thats kind of confusing but thats what i do
Have a good time?
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
I'm playing here comes the sun by the Beatles. I'll try to get someone to video tape.
Quote by Heid
More realistically....I once tried to give myself head....I gave myself a sore neck and a loss of pride...
LISTEN TO ME PLAY!
Don't think about being nervous. That just makes it worse. Just practice your music really well. If you can tell a bunch of your buddies your playing and you know they'll support you, it's always a nice feeling to walk on stage and have all your friends cheer for you. Or, try a gimmick, like for example, I played a show on St. Patty's day and we all died our hair (temporary like) green. So the exciting of doing that in the middle of lunch, and people asking us about it, and all the rest of the stuff to go along with it made us forget how nervous we were.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Treat it like your just having a band practice (without the argueing and bullshitin' around) and don't worry about anything else. Just have a good time..

Important. Don't just stand in one place and not show any emotion. Let it out on stage.
Nikolas
Don't worry about being nervous, everyone always says stuff like "BEING NERVOUS IS TERRIBLE! etc etc." But being nervous always gives me that adrenaline rush that helps me do good in anything that I perform in. So don't worry about being nervous, just use it to your advantage and turn it into positive energy.
ther once was a thread where i gave a really long list of things to do to get rid of nervousness, i also spammed the crap outta that page and started my league.
-Tox

ಠ_ಠ
WHOT?
Imagine all the hot chicks naked. Imagine all the fat people on fire. DON'T GET THE TWO CONFUSED.
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
Blank out the crowd, and play your ass off, then let the crowd back in when they cheer you off stage.
Usually on stage there are some lights that blind you, dont look in them, look around them.

And if your nervous dont look at the crowd.
Play with some emotion. Get into what you're playing and the audience will just disappear. Also, have some stage prescence.
Quote by hightension01
its called

hypocrasy
Mate...you're playing music...enjoy it.

Don't be nervous, what are you afraid of? Making a mistake? Making a mistake is all part of the show mate...the best make them afterall and noone complains.

Just enjoy the show, if you do that the audience probably will as well.
Quote by Mynabull
Imagine all the hot chicks naked. Imagine all the fat people on fire. DON'T GET THE TWO CONFUSED.

haha thats good.

I cant really show stage presence cause i'm playing acoustic sitting down, cause it's kind of a slow song.
Quote by Heid
LISTEN TO ME PLAY!
Just remember regardless of whether you suck or not, everyone's gonna cheer at the end of the day.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Quote by toxicity33
ther once was a thread where i gave a really long list of things to do to get rid of nervousness, i also spammed the crap outta that page and started my league.

can you tell me some of the things on that list?
Quote by Heid
LISTEN TO ME PLAY!
Have fun!

I give that advice to everyone and I stand by it. If you enjoy yourself then the audience will recognise that. Also don't try anything too daring.

Good luck!
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
drink!
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn