Alright, so I posted up some threads a while ago on some metal guitars I might be thinking of getting. I am dead sick of my Epiphone Les Paul 100 and its lack of playability on the higher frets(or maybe its just me ) I want something light, fast, and decent looking. I have decided between the Jackson JS30 or the ESP M-200MF. My budget is about $500 CDN MAX. I am thinking of going with ESP, but I also am considering the Jackson because I could put some pretty decent hardware in it. But the ESP already has EMGs stock(nott hat great though) and a licensed Floyd Rose. So really, my question is, what is the better guitar to mod, and what has better quality, faster, etc. They both look the same.
Whic is better/faster? That's subjective to the person playin it. I know dudes that could shred on your epiphone. You can mod either of those guitars, you'd probably need less mods on the ESP, though. Here's my advice - bust your ass on the epiphone until you think you're good enough to get a quality axe. And for the record, the upper register on the les pauls isn't hard to get to unless you have your guitar slung way down past your hips when you stand up. It's all about technique - if you're not doin well in that area, improve on it. It's gonna take time, but you'll be glad you did it that way in the beginning instead of getting a quick fix now and running into poor technique later on.

Anyway, to answer your question - I hate floyds, so I'm somewhat biased, but I'd go with the ESP. I liked my ESP MH1000 much better than the Soloist I had.
My god the tremolo on the JS30 looks lethal! I think I would have gone with the ESP because it's original worth is more than the Jacksons, you get what you pay for I guess.
Quote by ohmerrymayhem
Whic is better/faster? That's subjective to the person playin it. I know dudes that could shred on your epiphone. You can mod either of those guitars, you'd probably need less mods on the ESP, though. Here's my advice - bust your ass on the epiphone until you think you're good enough to get a quality axe. And for the record, the upper register on the les pauls isn't hard to get to unless you have your guitar slung way down past your hips when you stand up. It's all about technique - if you're not doin well in that area, improve on it. It's gonna take time, but you'll be glad you did it that way in the beginning instead of getting a quick fix now and running into poor technique later on.

Anyway, to answer your question - I hate floyds, so I'm somewhat biased, but I'd go with the ESP. I liked my ESP MH1000 much better than the Soloist I had.

I don;t have trouble accessing the upper frets when I am standing up, its when I am sitting down. I also want to switch because I want a more playable neck.
You should have less trouble hitting past the 12th fret when you're sittin than you do when you're standin, man. I'm assuming by 'playable' you mean thinner, right? Definately go with the esp, then. But take this into thought - the Jackson will have a flatter fretboard, while the ESP's will be slightly more rounded. That's personal preference.
I have played with jacksons my whole life, they are simply amazing. But you shouldn't get a js series because compared to other Jacksons, they blow. Get a 10dsfirestorm, a cheap dinky, or go on ebay. ESP's are good, but I think Jackson is that much better.
I'd get an ESP Viper 400 with the Seymour Duncans or EMG 81/85 set... Better than 95% of Gibson SGs for a third (or less) of the price.

But that's just me.