And I am a happy man i've never used a wah wah before. Ever. But I sure like this, and its so incredibly Jimi Hendrix.

So I know theres LOADS of V847 owners on UG, How can I get the best out of it? Should I bother getting a true bypass fitted? (I have noticed the tone sucking) Should I use my amps FX mix for it? Etc.

My (main) gear is: Epiphone G400 and a Marshall DSL401 (I also have a Digitech Bad Monkey tube overdrive if that matters)

Cheers.
I run it first in the chain (but now that I have a fuzz, that needs to be put first). I haven't bothered with true bypass yet, but I definitely will sometime.
Cool mate, I've got the same pedal and I really like it. I haven't used it as much as I should, think I'm gonna change that when I get my new amp (tomorrow :P).

What's this true bypass you speak of? I'm intrigued, might be something interesting for me to do. Anyone go the info on it?
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
it's great, id but it in the front of your chain, just after the guitar other wise the treble becomes obnoxious and the bass you can't hear very well
Quote by This_Kidd
What's this true bypass you speak of? I'm intrigued, might be something interesting for me to do. Anyone go the info on it?

Basically it reduces tone sucking. Simple.
Quote by sofubar
Basically it reduces tone sucking

...when it's switched off.
Quote by mr_hankey
...when it's switched off.

Ahhh stop being so smart
yea
i would definetely mod it to true bypass
thats what im planning on doing with mine

and i probably would install an ac jack just in case
my batteries havent crapped out on me yet
but i only got it 2 weeks ago

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
you should take the 20 minutes to put a DPDT (true bypass) switch in there. It's makes all the difference in the world
Last edited by Gutch220 at Mar 9, 2007,
Quote by Gutch220
you should take the 20 minutes to put a DPDT (true bypass) witch in there. It's makes all the difference in the world

can your witch do magic?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

^

I love mine to death. The only problems? Tone sucking and lack of a 9v jack. I'ma mod it up sometime to include true bypass and a jack. Whenever I get off to Radio Shack.
do they have DPDT switches at radioshack?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Quote by cokeisbetter
^

I love mine to death. The only problems? Tone sucking and lack of a 9v jack. I'ma mod it up sometime to include true bypass and a jack. Whenever I get off to Radio Shack.
Ah yeah, the only thing that's stopped me from getting one is lack of a jack; do you know where I could find out how to put one in?
wah modding thread in GC&B

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

for those interested in adding true bypass to their wah pedal (or other mods like a buffer) try the wah modding thread. first link is to the true bypass mod, rest other interesting stuff. radio shack does not have stomp DPDT switches, so you will probably need to head elsewhere for that part.

i personally put my od in front of my wah, but that may change when i add in the buffer. that is personal preference IMO to being before or after, so experiment. i dont think a wah should go in the effects loop, but hey feel free to experiment. its a great pedal and true bypass makes it that much better.
I always put my distortion before my wah (which sometime means that the wah goes into the effects loop depending on the situation) because i can get cool engine revving type sounds and other interesting more experimental sounding stuf that way, plus its too weak if you put it before distortion IMO. But really its all down to personal preference, try it both ways and see which one you like better.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm