When I bend up at the 15th fret on the b-string the note just cuts out with a kinda scratchy noise before I've even reached the full bend... it happens at other frets around there too.

This isn't a problem with my technique becasue I can do it fine on the g-string and my dad alos had the same problem when playin on it.

Yes I know it is a squier but I'm sure it didn't used to do this.

What can I do to solve this... many thanks...
hey man,

i had the same problem with my strat. you should try getting the guitar a good setup from your local guitar shop. ask them to raise the action a bit and that should sort it out.

cheers

Mr Highway Star
Does this still happen when you remove the Wah and Zoom pedals and plug directly into the amp?
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Gotcha - just making sure. Sometimes the noise gates on those multi-effects pedals will cut out notes abrasively

Raise the action as Dalby1 suggested.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Raise action as people have said before. Thats just a ghetto solution to the real problem, you have a cheap guitar, it's as simple as that. Your dead on, your neck sucks. It's not you, your amp, your dad or shit. Get new guitar /thread
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
I like the neck, as it the one iv played on for the past two years i can safely say it's my favourite neck in the world! and my guitar didn't used to do this, this thread is about fixing it not saying how bad it, i plan to get a new guitar when my birthday comes anyway
I'm going to guess your guitar is a strat. The problem your describing is caused by the radius of the fretboard combined with the action. Because of a strats tighter fretboard radius it can cause bends to cut out. Raise the action and it will fix it.
It's not because the guitar is cheap, it's the guitars design.
i'm having the same problem on only the 15th fret high E of my guitar and the funny thing is my guitar aint cheap. it only happens when i play acousticly so I'll give raising the action a shot. you should try the same.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce