well. im selling my pedals, all of them, except my TS808.

the big muff and wah (maybe) will be sold to my bassist.

i got the MM for $90, so ill sell it back to my local music store for $50, and if my wah doesnt sell (which it probably will) ill give it back for $50 (i got it for $110 0_o)

so, ill get around $170, plus i have $45, so that should be $215.

ill get a RAT II, which leaves $115. (im getting a RAT II because it made a f!cking telecaster do chug).

so my question is, should i get a crybaby 535q, or a vox V847? i play classic rock with a modern feel, as in, AC/DC with some chug. main influences are AC/DC, Wolfmother, Pantera, Maiden, Poison, MCR, Megadeth, Metallica.

The more AC/DC stuff will be used with a Fender MIM Strat, and the heavier with a Squier '51/Ibanez AXS32. This is running through a fender blues junior.

thanks!
I'm a proud supporter of the V847; but the 535Q is more versatile and tweakable, which might be what you're looking for. Try them out.

And don't sell your stuff to a store; you'll get ripped off. eBay, man.
Quote by mr_hankey
I'm a proud supporter of the V847; but the 535Q is more versatile and tweakable, which might be what you're looking for. Try them out.

And don't sell your stuff to a store; you'll get ripped off. eBay, man.

cant do eBay.

my local store is not one to rip off. they had my pedals extremly over priced (muff at $120, wah at $110 (its a freakin original!)) so they should at least buy em for $50 each.
On eBay (or your local equivalent) you will probably get 70$ for each. Really, don't sell to shops, they have to make profit as well, which they get from you (those 20$ or so).
Quote by mr_hankey
On eBay (or your local equivalent) you will probably get 70$ for each. Really, don't sell to shops, they have to make profit as well, which they get from you (those 20$ or so).

i cant sell online.

ill just go to find what the prices would be.
Selling things on ug is easy, and trust me, worth it. Simply accept money orders and decide on a price including shipping, cash the m.o. and take the boxes to your local post office. even after shipping (seeing 90% of people here understand that the buyer pays shipping) you will have a noticably bigger wad of cash in your pocket when you buy your new pedals.
Quote by Arlabester
i cant sell online.

You don't need to sell online, you just need to advertise online.
Then clearly you need to sell the pedals online behind your parents back, take the money and buy new parents that will let you get the most out of your pedals, and the work you did to buy them in the first place.

Or take the 15 bucks each at your local guitar center.

Either way
Use your local Craig's List. I don't care how nice the guys at the shop are, they'll rob you blind. Maybe your parents can put them on eBay for you? Really the best way to move a pedal.

And not for nothing, Sport, but you seem to come up with a new gear plan every 6 minutes or so. Maybe you should slow down. You say you have no money in one thread, then you're looking to dump your gear for a bad price in the next. If you were my kid, I don't think I'd let you sell anything, either.

Rather than all these knee-jerk moves you seem inclined to make, you should try to come up with a long term vision and stick to it.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Use your local Craig's List. I don't care how nice the guys at the shop are, they'll rob you blind. Maybe your parents can put them on eBay for you? Really the best way to move a pedal.

And not for nothing, Sport, but you seem to come up with a new gear plan every 6 minutes or so. Maybe you should slow down. You say you have no money in one thread, then you're looking to dump your gear for a bad price in the next. If you were my kid, I don't think I'd let you sell anything, either.

Rather than all these knee-jerk moves you seem inclined to make, you should try to come up with a long term vision and stick to it.

Well put.
Term vision - classic rock with a modern feel.

my band is sitting down and were just gonna talk everything over. i know for SURE i want a new wah, just cos i want more tonal ranges.
i have a question for threadstarter. how well can the blues junior do metal?
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
Quote by slatsmania

Yeah, craigslist has worked well for me when it comes to buying and selling stuff and its probably okay with your parents. And I say sell all of your pedals and challenge yourself to play straight into your amp for the next month, then start looking for new stuff.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
TS, you're confusing me
first you post like a million threads about
"what pedal"
"distortion for strat"

and now its...."bye bye pedals"...

anyway...get the v847
i found it to be way better than the dunlop one

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
If i were you and wanted to do chug with a tele, I'd get a Turbo RAT. Super RAT II should be its new name. It just pwns, And i want all my pedals in RAT covers in different colors.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by yeahyeah
And I say sell all of your pedals and challenge yourself to play straight into your amp for the next month, then start looking for new stuff.

+1

You should develop your own tone just by playing clean through your amp, then buy effects to color that tone.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
Your Crazy man.

I've read like 100 threads you've started about your gear situation/what you want to buy/what you think should you buy.

Just make your own decisions and think for yourself. Be a higher thinker.
Quote by voxdude26
i have a question for threadstarter. how well can the blues junior do metal?

with a pedal, very well.

^ thats what im doing. tomorrow im having a band practice, so ill play straight thru my amp, with my strat.

barebones tone.
Quote by Arlabester
with a pedal, very well.

^ thats what im doing. tomorrow im having a band practice, so ill play straight thru my amp, with my strat.

barebones tone.

lol.

Sorry, but a Blues JR doesn't do metal that well. If you think it does, you probably don't know what a real metal tone is.

Also, to the threadstarter-

You need to stop trying to get rid of your shit and just play. Why? First off, you don't sound like you really know what you want. Second, it sounds like you hardly know what you're talking about. Third, you probably don't even have a grasp of the tone you want (ideally). And Fourth, even if you DID know what you want, buying a bunch of stompboxes and playing through stock guitars and a 15w combo probably isn't going to do the best job of it.

And most of all- your BAND should have hardly any say in your business. Its your gear, its your money and its your tone.
that was an incredibly rude reply.

i know what a metal tone is, dont question that.

second of all, my band damn well has a say in it. its OUR sound, not just mine.

the "15w combo" is a all tube combo, and im getting a cab.

if your just going to nag at me, go away.

anyway.

to that guy about turbo rats, do they still sound like RATs?
Just play guitar man. Amps and pedals come after playing ability.

Just play and enjoy it.
Quote by Ubershall404
Just play guitar man. Amps and pedals come after playing ability.

Just play and enjoy it.

i do.

would i be in a band if i didnt play?
Quote by Arlabester
that was an incredibly rude reply.

i know what a metal tone is, dont question that.

second of all, my band damn well has a say in it. its OUR sound, not just mine.

the "15w combo" is a all tube combo, and im getting a cab.

if your just going to nag at me, go away.

anyway.

to that guy about turbo rats, do they still sound like RATs?

If you know metal tone then explain to me exactly what kind of 'pedal' is going to be plugged into a Blues JR to get yourself an acceptable metal tone? IE, one that could be used for some serious death metal that isn't shit. If I recall from my experiences with a Blues JR, I'd be hard pressed to get a metal tone out of it.

If my band told me that I had to buy a different amplifier I'd laugh in their faces and walk out immediately. It might be the band's sound, but they have no say in my gear. They can ask me to do something differently, add effects or whatever to their liking, but I definitely wouldn't let some idiots who don't play my instrument and aren't playing MY music that I write for it tell me what to do.

Also, I know that its a 15w tube combo. Did you know that alot of the tone not only comes from tube saturation, but also speaker breakup? do you think a 15w amp is going to make a 240w cab have speaker breakup? I don't. It'll be loud, but it won't give you any saturation above that of a couple EL84 power tubes, which to be entirely honest don't have the balls that other tubes do.

I'm not nagging, but you're provoking debate. I was offering my advice, which if you had the patience to read thoroughly would have been apparent: Think before you act.
its 120. so its easier pushed.

its two vintage 30's, easy break up amps. i know these things.

well my Metal Muff USED to work, but i f!cked with my settings and now i cant get it back to working order. (it cant play death metal, but idc. i play thrash and normal metal.)

its not specific gear, its the sound we want to achieve. thats all im saying.

Arlabester, You are Out of your mind.

I dare you to defend your Internet Message board honor against this post. It seams like you always have to justify yourself....

I recommend you take a break from posting on UG for your own good to calm your mind down and mature a little bit.
Quote by Arlabester
its 120. so its easier pushed.

its two vintage 30's, easy break up amps. i know these things.

well my Metal Muff USED to work, but i f!cked with my settings and now i cant get it back to working order. (it cant play death metal, but idc. i play thrash and normal metal.)

its not specific gear, its the sound we want to achieve. thats all im saying.

I know but you shouldn't let them push you around, either. Another important thing to remember when being in a band is to try and keep yourselves away from stereotypical things and grouping your band in with another. I don't think that buying a new amp or gear is going to hurt your band's feeling, if anything it would probably be nice to see you investing in what you're doing together (by buying a bunch of expensive ass shit)

Also, if you find a sound you like, write the settings down! I used to have an entire notebook filled with different tones with all my effects, guitar, amp, even the cable I was using at the time written down in it.

15w into some v30s isn't going to be that much breakup, but its more than 240.

blegh.

Sit on your pedals you have now and your money and wait until you're certain what you want to do. There are probably lots of upgrades (guitar, pickups, amp) in your future and whenever you change one of those key components, it changes the way you use everything else.

You should think of non-essential pedals (like OD, fuzz, or distortion) as icing on the cake.
good for me.

im going to stop posting threads until my band figures out which way to go.

bye.

^thank you for that whole slice of info there. ill keep a notebook handy. my band isnt pushing me around, we'll just put our heads together and decide where to go.
Last edited by Arlabester at Mar 9, 2007,