ok i normaly play in standard tuning but i want to try drop d what do i tune each string to?srry if i sound noobish ive never played in any dropped tunings.(by the way im using a chromatic tuner)
thx in advance (srry my search button isnt working i know this probaly has been asked millions of times)
devin
well in drop-d you just drop your low E string to D. But if you want to drop everystring then it depends on how many steps. idk what they are cause i never do it but im sure someone else will help
ok thanks sorry thats its so obvious im just having band practice tonight and its my first with them and they play metal and stuff and im used to classic rock
Quote by Octtwe88
well in drop-d you just drop your low E string to D. But if you want to drop everystring then it depends on how many steps. idk what they are cause i never do it but im sure someone else will help

I think what you're trying to say is open D tuning...

Anyway.. drop D tuning... just tune the 6th string to D.
Just be sure that the other strings are correctly tuned as usual...
When you tune one string, this may release tension which may lead to the event you think it does not sound right
i usally play in D, Eb, or standard. drop C sounds like shit
Last edited by ibanezguitarguy at Mar 9, 2007,
If you tune all the strings down one step then you just get standard one step down. If you do that then you can tune your low D down to a C.
Quote by ibanezguitarguy
i usally play in D, Eb, or standard. drop C sounds like shit

agree...
If you play drop C the way you play drop D, it is natural that it sounds like shit. A matter of stability

don't know the real reason behind drop C tuning, I think it's meant for pickings or maybe some bass solos.