Page 1 of 4
It was a Thursday, I was jamming out to some Metallica in math class(3rd period), all of a sudden I hear a "Turn you're emo music down". So i replyed saying that Metallica rules. Somehow i managed to tell them about Cliff Burton and they all started being like. Cliff Burtons gay!. Man i was so mad.EDIT**************************** So I asked the kid if he knew the roots of his own music. He said no of coarse and turned around. Virtually all the kids in my school dont know who Cliff is. Thus being said, what would you do in my situation?EDIT*********Watch this video. For all who say he is an average bassist.http://mytuber.com/viewvideo.php?vid=6O9zMnwD65Q
Last edited by SillyRabbit at Mar 11, 2007,
understand that people can have other opinions in music than yours, and yours is not neccesarily better.... if they don't know the roots of the music, so be it, go on with your life and don't worry about ignorant fools (although i don't see how a metallica member has much influence on hip-hop... please inform me)
metallica sucks, but hip hop's worse
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Chances are pretty good that it's more likely they're making fun of you for having it so loud .. or "jamming out" to it, whatever that implies. Nothing bugs me more than when I'm in class and I can hear some idiots music a few desks away from me. Turn it down? What would I do? Well, I'd probably say it's actually Metallica and then turn it down and ignore them. They probably can't tell the difference between an emo band and Metallica, and were just looking to start an argument.
obviously you're so much cooler cause you know who cliff burton was and they don't

seriously, who cares?
Quote by SillyRabbit
These hip hop kids who dont even know the roots of their own genre are making fun of Cliff.

explain where that comes from.

the roots of their own genre?

metallica influenced hip hop?
Last edited by Daedelus at Mar 9, 2007,
"you know that faggot from metallica?... oh wait, they are all faggots" - Shred Durst, aka Doug Steele aka his real name which i cant remember and he shreds better than all of us anyway.
w/e hahah i dont care man, Cliff Burton is sweet. They bug me everday though about Cliff Burton. EVERYDAY. its annoying.
Threadstarter... I feel for you... These days, the world is over run by inbred pieces of shit that listen to nothing but cRAP about hard drugs and hookers and shit.
Free your mind
Metallica is the root of hip hop?
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
NOOO ahhah Metallica did not influence hip hop. I asked the kid who was makign fun of me to show him up if he knew the hip hop roots. He said no then turned around ashamed ahahhah. Anyways. NO Metallica did not influence hip hop. I should edit my post on that
Quote by sargasm
Wu Tang Clan >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Metallica

damn straight man

but I probably would have said:
"Damn that's what I thought too, but I saw them live and Cliff was picking up so many chicks."

That tends to put them on your side.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
Last edited by wmzbomgzors at Mar 9, 2007,
They called Metallica (I'm guessing it was the old, better stuff it's it's got Cliff in it?) emo? Shows how much they know about music...

Just accept they don't know what they're talking about and go back to appreciating how godly Cliff was
Tell your homophobic classmates that you happen to like metallica, the music is not emo, they should not be ignorant or they shall promptly be fondled by an englishman.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by why1not1try
Threadstarter... I feel for you... These days, the world is over run by inbred pieces of shit that listen to nothing but cRAP about hard drugs and hookers and shit.

but since you don't like it, it's inferior in so many ways
i'd imagine all the hip-hop kids sit around and say "metal is a bunch of garbage about corpses and death" which is a broad generalization, which isn't necessarily true, just like all rap isn't about drugs and hookers, there are actually some good rap artists IMO
You were asking for it...I mean, obviously they weren't looking to learn anything about Metallica or your music, so what did you expect them to say when you start gushing over some guy they've never heard of, saying he's great and stuff. It has nothing to do with being hip-hop kids or anything, it's just how people (dumb people) act.
Yeah man I listen to rap too. I dont go knocking the artists they like though so why do they knock on my likings.
Why would it matter if he knew the roots of hip hop?
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
for every person like them though there's some kid who's like, "DOOD, WTF RAWR METAL FUK RAP".

which is far more annoying.
I heard through the grapevine that now "Fade To Black" is considered a emo song.... by all the emo-fanboys.

What is this world comming to?

Crazy I say, Crazy...
Originally posted by turinbrakes
actually YOU SUCK

"I once read a poem, held my breath
But that moment's gone
First time I felt life, somewhat hurts
Need an option and some hope "

Anders Fridén
Quote by SillyRabbit
It was a Thursday, I was jamming out to some Metallica in math class(3rd period), all of a sudden I hear a "Turn you're emo music down". So i replyed saying that Metallica rules. Somehow i managed to tell them about Cliff Burton and they all started being like. Cliff Burtons gay!. Man i was so mad. These hip hop kids who dont even know the roots of their own genre are making fun of Cliff. Virtually all the kids in my school dont know who Cliff is. Thus being said, what would you do in my situation?

1.) Hit them with the equipement you are playing with.
2.) Repeat step 1.
3.) Set them on fire.
4.) Play louder (over the screams).
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Quote by EpitaphMan440
I heard through the grapevine that now "Fade To Black" is considered a emo song.... by all the emo-fanboys.

Crazy I say, Crazy...

have you read the lyrics?

it's one step from Hawthorne Heights.
Quote by EpitaphMan440

Crazy I say, Crazy...

Well in the very truest sense of the word it is, since it is an 'emotional' song

But if they try and group it with all the crap that 'emo' now includes, it is a sad day for music
Cliff Burton is probably the person on UG who is idolised most fasely, an average bassist, who just happens to be dead. Therfore he's great?

Logical.
Quote by Random88
They called Metallica (I'm guessing it was the old, better stuff it's it's got Cliff in it?) emo? Shows how much they know about music...

...and you know all the different genres of Hip-Hop like the back of your hand, right?
Quote by Dirge Humani
This thread is a pool of ignorance...I'm leaving.

Actually, it's quite sad because those 'Gangsta kids" don't even know who Public Enemy, NWA, or even Run DMC are. I don't know how much I care for the threadstarter except that he should just ignore ignorant people . But seriously, they would really gain credibility by knowing their roots. I'm wearing a Mastodon T-Shirt and I know more about Hip-Hop than some of these kids do,

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
Quote by Daedelus
have you read the lyrics?

it's one step from Hawthorne Heights.

Haha... I wouldn't go that far. He doesn't sing about crying himself to sleep in his loney bed lol.
Originally posted by turinbrakes
actually YOU SUCK

"I once read a poem, held my breath
But that moment's gone
First time I felt life, somewhat hurts
Need an option and some hope "

Anders Fridén
Quote by Alix_D
Cliff Burton is probably the person on UG who is idolised most fasely, an average bassist, who just happens to be dead. Therfore he's great?

Logical.

I'll let you have your oppinion on that. You are wrong but w/e I dont mock you. He is great though.
Quote by Alix_D

Logical.

He is far more talented than "average". He was idolised because of his talent, his ambition and his uniqueness.

I dont appreciate your sarcasm.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Page 1 of 4