Hi

I am hoping to make a bottleneck slide, I know I could buy one but decided to give making one a go just for the hell of it. I think I may be making a relatively simple task overly complicated though. I’ve not managed to find any bottles that fit my finger properly ( they all seem to be too small or oddly shaped). I was wondering if anyone who has any experience could give me any tips.

Sorry if this was an unbelievably stupid question.
Well if you can't find any, you can't find any... Basically you're just gonna have to cut a bottle up, so you just have to find one thats large enough to fit over your finger.

You SHOULD be able to, but if that doesn't work you'll probably want to buy one. Slides aren't really that big, anyway.. Do you have large fingers? If you do, you might just be SOL (shit outta luck )
I work in catering so I get to take my pick from a massive array of bottles left at weddings and such and straight necked wine bottles seem to fit my finger really well.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by Duncan89
Hi

I am hoping to make a bottleneck slide, I know I could buy one but decided to give making one a go just for the hell of it. I think I may be making a relatively simple task overly complicated though. I’ve not managed to find any bottles that fit my finger properly ( they all seem to be too small or oddly shaped). I was wondering if anyone who has any experience could give me any tips.

Sorry if this was an unbelievably stupid question.

Well... Which finger?
Quote by yeahyeah
I work in catering so I get to take my pick from a massive array of bottles left at weddings and such and straight necked wine bottles seem to fit my finger really well.

I'll try try and search about for some wine bottles then, aren't big wine drinkers in my family though. Seem to be beer drinkers a few stella and grolsch bottles but they have curved necks

Quote by StaggHound
Well... Which finger?

I've not started learning slide guitar yet so I don't really have a preference yet but I've been trying my little finger and ring finger.