I am looking into buying a recording program for my comp. I know very little about this area of music. At first I was looking at the Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro 3 but a guy I know told me that I should look into the SONAR Home Studio 6 or SONAR Home Studio 6 XL . I would like to learn as much as I can about this stuff.

What I am looking for is a program that will let me record myself (guitar) and if possible, my band as well. I don't need a professional program but a decent one. Also the equipment to get me pluged into my comp or whatever I need to do for that.

Thanks Alot!
Just start off with Audacity (freeware, Google it) and move on to more advanced programs later if necessary.
I highly recommend that everyone interested in making money online join this site.

<3
Well if u just want somethin simple go for Audacity.

I use Sony Acid cuz i dont have a band yet
1. Led Zeppelin
2. AC/DC
3. The Beatles
4. Deep Purple
5. Black Sabbath
6. The White Stripes
7. Stevie Ray Vaughan
8. Steve Vai
9. Ozzy Osbourne
10. Foreigner
I use sonar 4 producer edition.I don't know if there are any differences between the home and producer but either way it is an amasing DAW.I have also used sonar 6 which obviously has some stuff 4 doesn't.I say sonar is a great investment.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
Quote by kornflipsk8er
I use sonar 4 producer edition.I don't know if there are any differences between the home and producer but either way it is an amasing DAW.I have also used sonar 6 which obviously has some stuff 4 doesn't.I say sonar is a great investment.

Are there any reasons that you do'nt like Sonar?

Also I have the money to buy the program it's just I don't know what's better and what's not so hot.
Audacity is a great program. It's very user friendly, especially to the novice.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club