Just wondering if anybody has any experience with these heads. Sound, bulid quality, distortion & clean clarity, etc....

And whether or not you're using a Randall cab with it.
If so, which cab ?

..and of course I'm into metal !
the v2 is the hybrid one, right?

it sounds pretty good, but if you like power tube overdrive in your tone, it has a solid state power section, so that's a bit of a downer there...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
the v2 is the hybrid one, right?

it sounds pretty good, but if you like power tube overdrive in your tone, it has a solid state power section, so that's a bit of a downer there...

Yeah. Randall has the V2 and the T2 which both have the Value-Dynamic Tube driven Mosfet power section. The V2 also has a six band EQ. They also have the G3 head. If you go to their website you can hear some sound clips. I think they sound badass! and it's the metal sound I'm looking for. I've read that Randall does metal very well and their SS are some of the best around.

Anybody else own these heads?
^ do you like power tube overdrive in your tone?

I'd prefer something like an Engl for metal, to be honest... the V2 seemed pretty dear for what it was. Though, you'd need to crank it to see what happens to the tone at higher volumes... mosfets supposedly OD a bit like tubes, so it's hard to tell.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?