hello, this is the first time i am going to paint my guitar a different colour. I understand that first process is to sand down the body and i will do that in due time but i know nothing on the process of painting my guitar.

This is my current guitar colour

and this is what i would like the colour to be.

So if you could just tell the process and the materials i need i would be most grateful.

Thank you UG
Quote by akack
We beat you 6-0 you stupid mother ****er.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"
Last edited by Whats the story at Mar 10, 2007,
i recommend leaving it the way it is, but if it 'needs' to be done i highly suggest getting someone experienced (local music shop) to do it. otherwise you may mess it up and have a sh*t guitar. the paint could get into the hardware, could destroy the wood, greatly lowers its value...
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
In gr.8 we got into purple nurples so much that the school would suspend anyone they saw doing it. We had really good aim.
Quote by m_hedborg
How could the paint destroy the wood or get into the hardware?

Painting a guitar is not hard, all you need to know is at www.projectguitar.com

Thank you very much for the link
Quote by akack

Wait, I see that Fender logo, and I'm curious what model it is. It might be worth more if you sell the body or the whole thing and buy a black guitar.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
Wait, I see that Fender logo, and I'm curious what model it is. It might be worth more if you sell the body or the whole thing and buy a black guitar.

I dont think ive actually seen a blue hss strat like that before, it looks pretty. Imo id keep it how it is.
My setup specs:

Guitars: Fender 50's stratocaster
Old jr accoustic crap guitar.

Amp: Roland cube 20x (Going to probably be traded in for a blues jr soon though.)

Effects: Dunlop gcb-95 wah
Boss dd-6 delay
DONT DO IT!!!! Just get a different body! DONT DESTROY THE BLUE BEAUTY!!!

Edit, it looks new. See if you can get a guitar store to exchange it.
If you want to just paint it Black, you don't have to sand down all the way to bare wood. I agree that Blue is very nice!

Anyway, lightly sand it with 400 grit, just enough to remove all the glossy stuff covering the body, but just enough so you don't hit the Blue coat.

Then paint it Black, then Clearcoat. Of course there are lots of steps after you scuff sand it and in-between spraying color and the clear. You can find all the steps at ReRanch 101 - Guitar Refinishing. ReRanch also carries all the supplies you'll need.

This way, when you get bored with the Black, you can sand down all the way to your original starting point, just beofre the Blue coat, then clear it again. Good Luck!

I took everything off and whatnot, sanded it then gave it 3 or 4 LIGHT layers of spray paint so it doesn't run....I would really just buy a new body instead of destroying just shmexiness....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
dont paint it! its a fender. atleast paint a crappy guitar first so you know how itll turn out
OMG! DONT DO IT!!!

That color looks great and black looks horrible on a strat.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
its nothing special. that isn't my actual guitar. Mines just a Mexican standard in that colour. i used that picture to show you what colour it is.
Quote by akack

the colour's beautiful, i would take it over a black strat. you could exchange it for a black one, but please dont ruin that finish! btw, i know this is off topic, but how does your maple neck feel? also, whats it like in comparison to rosewood necks?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild