Page 1 of 2
well today in health we were supposed to have an abstinance come in or somethin like that. He ended up giving this huge speach why sex is bad at a young age and how condomns dont protect against diseases because the std viruses are so small that they go right through the latex. Then he said that there is a 1/5 chance that the condomn will break and adding birth control to that equation will make it like 1/15 that the girl will get pregnant. I couldnt believe the bullshit he was feeding us. 10 years ago the idea was "we cant stop you from doing it so we will at least help you protect yourself" now its just like "dont have sex". any thoughts?comments?waffles?
"There are two wolves fighting inside all of us - the wolf of fear and hate, and the wolf of love and peace." The grandson listened, then looked up at his grandfather and asked, "Which one will win?", The grandfather replied, "the one we feed".
Quote by Nightrain57
well today in health we were supposed to have an abstinance come in or somethin like that. He ended up giving this huge speach why sex is bad at a young age and how condomns dont protect against diseases because the std viruses are so small that they go right through the latex. Then he said that there is a 1/5 chance that the condomn will break and adding birth control to that equation will make it like 1/15 that the girl will get pregnant. I couldnt believe the bullshit he was feeding us. 10 years ago the idea was "we cant stop you from doing it so we will at least help you protect yourself" now its just like "dont have sex". any thoughts?comments?waffles?

well, it is true that condoms don't really protect against STDs.
yeah, condoms break quite often........most i used on my m-16.......

the viruses do go through the condoms. HOWEVER, they do reduce the chance of catching some BACTERIAL std's, but the bacterial ones arent as severe as the VIRUSES.
thats bull crap. we used to have a health teacher that fed us that sh!t, i mean seriously, why would they bother to make condoms if they did nothing?...

anyway, we got a new teacher who was more "if you're gonna do it, just do it safe" which was much better, she taught us the facts. and the fact is that condoms are 99.7% effective (or maybe it was 97%...). also, i guess part of what that dude was saying is true, condoms cant protect against herpes or warts, so even with the use of a condom, if you had sex with a person with herpes or warts, theres a 2/3 chance that you'll get it.

people who cook up bullshit like "theres a 1/5 chance that the condom will break, and even if you use the pill theres a 1/15 chance that she'll get pregnant!" make me so mad. there isnt even that high of a chance if two people are TRYING to get pregnant!

edit:
i read up higher that someone said "condoms dont protect against STD's - yeah, they do. everything except stuff that is not covered by the condom, for example, herpes and warts. AIDS and hepatitis are still STD's if they are transmitted sexually, and a condom will protect against that as long as nothing goes wrong with it.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Last edited by instagata0 at Mar 9, 2007,
it is true. condoms and such can help but its not guarantee.
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
In gr.8 we got into purple nurples so much that the school would suspend anyone they saw doing it. We had really good aim.
Quote by Nightrain57
...thoughts ?comments? waffles?

waffles? what the heck you say that for , anyway, I think it is stupid that he would say all that stuff, (even though alot of it is true) if you want to do it, just freakin do it...
Listen to Israel Kamakawiwo`ole, it will change you...

Quote by Vindication
And yeah, like raven30101 said...no fat chicks.

Damn beached whales taking up all the space on my island...
"abstinence only" programs have actually been proven to be a failure, and schools are still trying to use them? Scare tactics are only supposed to be used for religion ("you WILL go to hell if you don't believe") not schools, because they backfire.
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by Saintsatan
Double layer of condom+Pill? Br00tal protection.

haha my health teacher was telling us that if you have a double condom that itll be worse than normal
apparently friction develops between the two and a break is almost guaranteed
thats one of the only things my health teachers has told me that i believe
Quote by Saintsatan
1 condom+Pill? Br00tal protection.

*Fixed*
667 The neighbor of the beast

Yamaha APX-8S
ok the truth is, SOME STD's can go through SHEEPSKIN condoms, normal latex condoms however are 100% guaranteed to protected against STD's and unwanted pregnancy assuming they don't break or tear. your teacher and his lackey need to get their story straight. this is as bad as telling kids if you smoke pot once you'll turn into a bleary eyed rapist/thief/junky.
"sex is bad, if you have sex you will get aids and you will die"

/mean girls quote
Some Guy?
how how about everyone just stops being sluts and we wont have a problem with std's. theres a idea
those facts sound like bullturd to me

stds so tiny so as to fit through condoms? ha, why do they exist then... its a tested mass manufactured product that exists for the soul (along with birth control) purpose of stopping stds... stupid

and 1/5 breakage? probably not true, just be careful, and werll the 1 in 15 chance of pregnancy, frankly the odds are probably less than that from even un protected sex
Quote by some_guy
"sex is bad, if you have sex you will get aids and you will die"

/mean girls quote

I think it was pregnancy the first time and chlamydia the second, but close enough.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Your teacher is a dumbass. All latex condoms are designed to prevent transmission of STDs. 2% of them break, usually due the fact that people are dumb and don't know how to use them. Birth control is something like 99%+ effective.

(1/15=6.7%? Yeah right... that's way way too high. They suggest that birth control is only 80% effective... false.)
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by phatsack
"abstinence only" programs have actually been proven to be a failure, and schools are still trying to use them? Scare tactics are only supposed to be used for religion ("you WILL go to hell if you don't believe") not schools, because they backfire.

i got the same thing from my school.
when im with you, there's nothing I wouldn't do, i just wanna be you're only one. im gasping out of straws, taken aback by what i saw that night before when we were all alone...
Quote by Nightrain57

condoms do break, however latex condoms are airtight, and will protect even against viral STDs (with the possible exception of genital herpes if the person is having an outbreak) since they are airtight and arent porous at all (which means there are no holes for the virus to get through. Also birth control pills when used properly have something like a 98% efficacy rate, which means that combined with proper condom use the chance of pregnancy would be something like 1/500 or something.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I call B/S on Mr. Abstinence. Sex>Abstinence.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Quote by redwing_suck
Your teacher is a dumbass. All latex condoms are designed to prevent transmission of STDs. 2% of them break, usually due the fact that people are dumb and don't know how to use them. Birth control is something like 99%+ effective.

(1/15=6.7%? Yeah right... that's way way too high. They suggest that birth control is only 80% effective... false.)

have you ever tried to have sex with a magnum? well i dunno about you but i guess im not that massive cause it came right off lmao
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
have you ever tried to have sex with a magnum? well i dunno about you but i guess im not that massive cause it came right off lmao

really? im about average (slightly below TBH) and i can wear magnums with no problem if thats all that available (i prefer thinner, tighter fitting condoms however as they feel a lot better)

Last.fm
Quote by aixelsydevahi

Wouldn't many couples have sex more than 100 times, possibly many hundreds over a long period of time? It's not really extremely comforting knowing that if you did this, you are very likely to experience a broken condom. Anyways...

I don't think that it's right to use scare tactics, but rather tell people: Whats out there, what it can do to you, how you avoid it, and don't come crying to mamma if it happens to you because hot dang it we warned you.
"I feel sorry for James Blunt, he has to wake up every morning and think 'Ah man, I'm James Blunt'"
You guys are all fighting about this stuff, but step back and take a look at the big picture. Not only is that about pregnancy and stds, but look at the emotional effects of having sex so young. Like I hear about 13 year olds having sex. That is terrible. Yes me being a Christian makes me biased to the whole situation, but there are some good points. Like i said, there are emotional impacts. A person loses a part of themselves when they have sex for the first time. Not really lose, but give to the other person and entrust that to them. Now picture that, and have a young teen couple in a sexual relationship. Now what if they break up. Then they will have lost that thing, whatever you may call it. Thats why marriage is by far the safe way to go. You are with someone you truly love (and that is shown because you married them), if you both saved yourself for marriage you will not get stds, and there wont be that emotional baggage.

Now you may think that im an idiot for thinking like this, but really, if you do the math, then the safest sex is no sex. You cant go wrong with staying abstinent.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
"Having sex turns straight people gay , and turns gay people in to Mexicans. Everyone goes down a notch!" /Family Guy quote.

Yea, I remember those days, they say sex = death, show us the picture of the std caulliflour penis and send us on our merry way.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
About just have sex with someone that doesnt have a STD?.... o yeah they wouldnt know..... Is it possible for two people (girl and boy) to not have an STD, then have sex, and then develop an STD?
Quote by justin_fraser
You guys are all fighting about this stuff, but step back and take a look at the big picture. Not only is that about pregnancy and stds, but look at the emotional effects of having sex so young. Like I hear about 13 year olds having sex. That is terrible. Yes me being a Christian makes me biased to the whole situation, but there are some good points. Like i said, there are emotional impacts. A person loses a part of themselves when they have sex for the first time. Not really lose, but give to the other person and entrust that to them. Now picture that, and have a young teen couple in a sexual relationship. Now what if they break up. Then they will have lost that thing, whatever you may call it. Thats why marriage is by far the safe way to go. You are with someone you truly love (and that is shown because you married them), if you both saved yourself for marriage you will not get stds, and there wont be that emotional baggage.

Now you may think that im an idiot for thinking like this, but really, if you do the math, then the safest sex is no sex. You cant go wrong with staying abstinent.

You do make some good points, but in the end its in the hands of the couple, and its my personal belief that if you and your girlfriend can talk about it responsibly and understand exactly what is going on then you should be allowed to have sex. But as for randomly picking up a girl and ****ing her at a party or something (or having sex at 13 or something) i think its kind of irresponsable on their part.
Brad Delp - June 12, 1951 to March 9, 2007 R.I.P
Quote by rockr09
About just have sex with someone that doesnt have a STD?.... o yeah they wouldnt know..... Is it possible for two people (girl and boy) to not have an STD, then have sex, and then develop an STD?

as far as we know, no it isnt.

Last.fm
Quote by rockr09
Is it possible for two people (girl and boy) to not have an STD, then have sex, and then develop an STD?

Yes, yes it is. It's called a baby.
Peepee on yo tittays
yeah...safest sex is no sex...not to mention, the best diet is just not eating!...come on it all makes sense people...and dont forget how dangerous cars are...dont drive them, or surely your destination is a one-way ticket to hell. By the way, that stuff doesnt work...we're humans, kill, mate, feed, repeat...it's rediculous, i went to a private school for a bit and got one of the best sex educations i think they could give, and then you get to public school and we've got senior girls who dont know what condoms are...get real people...safest sex is SAFE sex...telling millions of horny kids not to have sex is just irrational and irresponsable.
Quote by jables23092
yeah...safest sex is no sex...not to mention, the best diet is just not eating!...come on it all makes sense people...and dont forget how dangerous cars are...dont drive them, or surely your destination is a one-way ticket to hell. By the way, that stuff doesnt work...we're humans, kill, mate, feed, repeat...it's rediculous, i went to a private school for a bit and got one of the best sex educations i think they could give, and then you get to public school and we've got senior girls who dont know what condoms are...get real people...safest sex is SAFE sex...telling millions of horny kids not to have sex is just irrational and irresponsable.

+1000

Everything has a risk. What's the point of being safe if you don't have the freedom to enjoy it?
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
When our country is run by conservative retards who hide the facts to advance their own agenda, then this is the kinda shit they teach us.
Quote by Nightrain57

Well, considering Health class (for me here in the US) was in my 7th grade and 9th grade, I would hope most of the girls are probably virgins, you won't have to worry about STD's for a while. Oh, and those little "statistics" are probably skewed/false
Quote by phatsack
http://www.sexisforfags.com/

this link will help with the abstinence problem

hahahaha
"My body is a sacred place, for holy stuff like Capri Sun juices, Lunchable Chicken Dunks, and Slim Jims (I like to snap into them!). The one thing that won't EVER go into my body? Girl slime!
"I joined Sex is for Fags after watching girls who put out turn my big brother into a major wuss. By learning to repress my urges, now I can to grow up and be what I always wanted: a prison guard or a priest."
"Premarital sex isn't worth it! You can catch AIDS, or cancer, or testicle weevils, or a bad body image or rickets. You know what IS worth it? Making love to Jesus. Because you can't knock Him up and He'll never ask what you're thinking – cuz He already knows!"
"I hate fags. Dude, I mean, dudes who can't stop touching their wangs? DUDE. So, like, I joined Sex Is For Fags because it IS. You won't catch me doing that – with dudes OR chicks. Well, at least not until I get my trust fund and start needing some serious tax deductions."

A site for chicks: http://www.ironhymen.com/
"Watch out, boys! Because thanks to Iron Hymen, my baby cave is better guarded than a maximum security prison – even one ringed with electrified razorwire and a crocodile-infested moat!"
"Iron Hymen taught me how to use super-effective strategies for just abstaining from natural stuff. And it works so good, that now when I get all old, I'm going to abstain from wrinkles and dying, too!"
"I used to suffer terribly from dirty dreams about boys. Thankfully, now my Iron Hymen Libido-Be-Gone™ thong panties keep my dreams clean – and my yucky cooter bone-dry!"
"OHMIGOD, like, Iron Hymen taught me to respect myself way too much to ever let some hairy creep hock man-lugies on my Godly cervix like it's some gross subway platform!"

This stuff is too good...
Last edited by Embodiment at Mar 10, 2007,
the first time i tried to put a condom on, I unraveled it before i took my pants so when I unzipped it got caught. ripped the end right off. ****
Quote by Nightrain57

It is naive to think that this is about protecting young people from STDs. It's about representatives of the religious right trying to impose their belief that premarital sex is a sin. Next time, ask them what their qualifications are in terms of talking about disease risk and the properties of condoms. It should come as no surprize that what they say isn't based on any real research, but rather of their religious beliefs and their own view of what the world should be like.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
I've heard condoms won't work about 20-25% of the time; but I think that number includes morons who use them wrong, not it just flat out not working. And the pill failing less than 1% of the time.

Anyway, my opinion on the subject is to wait until marriage. It's just my own personal belief, it's less religion-based and instead just a lifestyle choice. Premarital sex is never something I really wanted to engage in, I guess I'm fortunate to have not had that internal conflict.

Realistically though, not everyone is going to agree with my position, and teenagers are going to have sex; education is important on the subject, but it's difficult to maintain a balance. Not being so over-the-top and zealous so as to encourage such behavior in younger kids, but not being so negligent with information so as to lead to leave people completely in the dark and on their own. That's where the conflict arises, where that balance can be achieved.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Page 1 of 2