omg you spelt both 'eddie' AND 'van Halen' wrong!
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
Well, thank you for pointing out news that is on the front page, and for spelling his name wrong. Way to go genius.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
Van Halen's been one huge joke for the past month...or one huge publicity stunt, whichever.
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
I misspelled a guitar legends name, clumsy me.

Sorry guys I've always been an Angus Young guy really.
how do you suppose the members of UG help a guitar legend while hes in rehab?
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
Eddie's been drinking since the band started lol. Eddie will always be the one who revolutionized how the guitar is now played, i don't care how drunk he is.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
About time he went to rehab. That guy's been seriously going downhill.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Quote by rustic_metal

By fighting off the tons of paparazzi with our guitars
Quote by xifr

shouldnt you close this ?
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by rustic_metal

Pray to the wonderful Gods of Rock that they might appease us humble folk and cure the Messiah in our midst!!!

Or just...not care....like I've been doing.
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
Quote by xifr

+1

Hes past his prime anyways.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
I think he wants to die. He probably feels guilty to still be living. After all, most electric guitar gods have unfortunately met an untimely end. He is fighting the demons that have snatched his mind.
He also has a metal rod sticking out of his guitar to keep his lead out of the way of clumsy drunken feet.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by tommyt
shouldnt you close this ?

It may not strictly be on topic, but its fine. I'll only close it if it turns into a flamefest or something.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
IMO, he didn't revolutionize guitar as much as Jimi, or Django Reinhardt. Plus, there were tappers b4 VH. STill, the guy's got MAD chops. Hope he feels better. He looks like @ss in that picture.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
The reason I put this in Electric sections is because he revolutionized it, sorry.
Quote by xifr
It may not strictly be on topic, but its fine. I'll only close it if it turns into a flamefest or something.

yeah, I like EVH, he's the reason I started playing, basically. But he has been going downhill, unfortunately, as you said earlier. You only have to look at the photoshop thread over at HC (best thread ever, in the history of the internet)...

I'm kind of torn between wanting to see them live (which by necessity will be the new version of VH), and not wanting to see them because it might be crap and spoil the whole thing.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by xifr

Tell me about it...

I've posted that image twice already!
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
Quote by Funcoot
I misspelled a guitar legends name, clumsy me.

Sorry guys I've always been an Angus Young guy really.

Don't sweat it. Angus is relevant.
Quote by Funcoot
Eddie Van Halen is officially going to rehab, no one knows why yet. I think it is probably either Heroine, crack or Meth. (Mainly celeb drugs)

Hopefully we can help Eddie along this difficult time.

Link to article. http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=2936997

Help him in his difficult time, ok. How about you type up some passages from the bible which you think will inspire him, and send it to his room with a big bunch of flowers. I'll organise the members of UG into a candleight vigil outside his room tonight, we'll all link arms and sing Kumbayfvckingya.

Is he going to to go all soulful and accoustic after rehab ala Eric Clapton?
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
I found this at another forum:
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
^
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by xifr
I found this at another forum:

Scary looking guy though. Its like he hasnt showered in years.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
it's like he drank from the wrong chalice in indiana jones and the last crusade... o_O
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Eddie's one of the great alcoholics of modern times. I hope he finally gets his act together. IMHO, he's been going downhill since "Fair Warning."

Quote by Funcoot
I think it is probably either Heroine, crack or Meth. (Mainly celeb drugs)

Crack and Meth are not celeb drugs. They're the drugs of the dumb and impoverished (not that I'm recommending heroin). If you can only avoid a single drug, make sure it's meth. Most dangerous crap on the planet.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Here's a less freaky shot

Anyways, consider the man is on his way to 55 and had 2 mouth/tongue cancers with reconstructive surgery.
Last edited by ColdGin at Mar 11, 2007,
BTW, any of you seen the new David Lee Roth ?
And on the far left is Wolfgang