are there any 7 string strats? like fender style strats not ibanez rgs or whatever, something with the traditional strat look(pickguardwith 3 single coils/strat trem/strat headstock) did fender ever make any? are there any companies that make 7 string that closely resemble standard strats?

thanks
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
Ibanez is the closest to a strat (similar body shape) That I've seen a seven string made.
A seven string strat would pawn. 14 string strat... bonerlicious.
I think I read somewhere that Squier made some seven strings in the past, But I think it was Wikipedia, so I can't be sure.

Edit: You can get this and a pickguard put on.
Last edited by maXterbat0r at Mar 9, 2007,
They used to make them way back in the day (some guy had a sig 7 string strat) around the time yngwie got his scalloped strat mass produced but obviously it's been discontinued for a long while now.
I think Squire used to make 7 string showmasters, and showmasters are pretty close to a strat, but good luck finding one. Even if you did, you'd have to change the pickups, but they would still be humbucker. I doubt that there was ever a 7 string with single coils. Also, Jackson makes a Christian Olde Wolbers signature thats kind of like a Strat, minus the pickguard, and add humbucking EMG's.

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
eh i dont really want humbuckers. im basicly lookin for a MIM strat with an extra string lol
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
Actually, they're more common on Ebay than you think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Squier-7-String-Purple-with-Kill-Switch_W0QQitemZ160092640877QQcategoryZ33039QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sqiuer-Stagemaster-7-String-hardtail_W0QQitemZ290091524624QQcategoryZ33039QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And, there were a few more on last week in black with floyd roses and locking nuts. Was tempted to bid on some of them, seeing as none of them went much over $300.

Oh yeah, no way in hell you're gonna find a 7 string with single coils. That would sound like shit anyway, Why would you want one.

Only way would be to get one custom made.
Last edited by god9 at Mar 9, 2007,