Page 1 of 2
C'mon, this is probably the only band worth a mention in the same sentence as Necrophagist, they need a thread.

Here is a link fior teh n00bz: http://www.myspace.com/sleepterror

Probing Tranquility is their best song IMO.
Quote by Everybody
Plus_the_Bear is the entertainment event of the holiday season!

My rig:

Ibanez Custom Chinese Fireball
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
2 Crate solid state half-stack cabinets and ampheads.
Digitech 2000 Whammy/Wah Pedal
Dunlops Picks
I love Sleep Terror!!!
Quote by sicformyage

me:you like acdc
them:yea i do
me:cool, whats your favorite song,other than back in black
them:i gotta go...

Quote by jordanzio
i love hilary duff and will eventually marry her... she does not know this currently...

Luke is currently looking for another band or two and some contacts (promoters all over the USA) to start a tour of the US.

SO

If you know anyone in the biz and want to see sleep terror play in an area near you, HOOK EM UP!

Luke is a great guy and the band is pretty cool.

They've definitely got something worth checking out.

I hope they go on tour again.

And everyone knows the Christmas Medley is the best sleepterror song of all time.
looking for tour mates eh? reckon theres any chance that Theory in Practice could be coaxed out of whatever form of disappearance they're in? that would be an awesome line-up, no matter who else is playing.

NECROPHAGIST
Theory in Practice
Sleep Terror

that would ****ing OWN
these guys pwnzord
wish they had vocals though
also i have this song by them, dont remember what its called(something like sovreign of abssomething) but half way through these people start talking about random bullshit
nonetheless:P awesome band.. so damn technical
Quote by punk_metal
these guys pwnzord
wish they had vocals though
also i have this song by them, dont remember what its called(something like sovreign of abssomething) but half way through these people start talking about random bullshit
nonetheless:P awesome band.. so damn technical

Their new stuff has vocals. I like it but a lot of people feel Sleep Terror is better without, just because that's the sound they've become accustomed to. It sounds a lot like Necrophagist with vocals. In fact, Luke Jaeger actually auditioned to play rhythmn for Necrophagist...tis a shame Suicmez didn't choose him.
Quote by Everybody

My rig:

Dunlops Picks
not really. if he had have got the role then what would have happened to ST?
ST could still exist if he were to do both. Which he most likely would have.
Quote by Everybody

My rig:

Dunlops Picks
yeah, but Necrophagist have been touring pretty extensively, thus, less time for Sleep Terror.
well i'm sure many of you havent read any of the drama from smnnews forums a while ago, luke is generally not a very liked guy lol, i have no problem with anything i read from him though
My sig is better than yours
^
By whom? I know he's a vegetarian, dunno if that gets people pissed off lol.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Good band, although I'd prefer it if their songs were longer and more focused. One review I read described them as being a bunch of 15 second riffs meshed together into songs, and while I think that's discrediting them a little too much, they can be a little spontaneous. Some really great riffs though and excellent band nonetheless.
Quote by Nelsean
^
By whom? I know he's a vegetarian, dunno if that gets people pissed off lol.

well yes lol...apparently he thinks hes better than everyone else...especially those that eat meat lol
he pissed so many people off when he said stuff about the decrepit birth guitarist molesting thing, he said something along the lines of how he saw it coming because mike was a butcher
Oh shit. Thats no good lol.

So I guess him being a diehard vegan is getting people pissed off lol. But from stuff and videos i've seen on him, he does seem to come off a tad arrogant.

from the sounds of it, i dont think its the fact that he's a vegetarian/vegan/whichever, more that he was being a complete **** about it.
Quote by Mr. President
He can be a necrocannibal for all I care, just keep cranking out music.

Thruthiness.
Quote by Everybody

My rig:

Dunlops Picks
Quote by Alucard II
from the sounds of it, i dont think its the fact that he's a vegetarian/vegan/whichever, more that he was being a complete **** about it.

well ya he comes off as a cocky dick, not just about the not eating meat thing, about everything
nothing he said had bothered me
once again i dont care what musicians think/belief...
sleep terror still pwns
indeed. im not going to stop listening to something just because i dont like the musicians. i hate when people do that :/
True dat.

Quote by Snyper
well ya he comes off as a cocky dick, not just about the not eating meat thing, about everything
nothing he said had bothered me
once again i dont care what musicians think/belief...
sleep terror still pwns

When I saw em he was pretty polite and a generally nice guy.

I don't really think he's all that cocky, I never really saw too much evidence of that (although he is an amazing guitarist, he has every right to be cocky)

I think its probably more along the lines of- People giving him shit about being vegan/vegetarian (I'm not sure which he is) and him lashing out. Now, if I had someone mock something I believe strongly in you could pretty much guarantee that I would defend myself ravenously.

As far as Sleep Terror having vocals- I don't think they do and I don't think they will. Someone said it.. But I'm not sure if that's correct or true. I know nothing I've heard of them has vocals and I've never read anything about Luke adding a vocalist in. I don't even think they have a vocalist (they are looking for a guitarist and bassist to play live)

As far as Luke playing in another band and having time for Sleep Terror- ETC.

I don't think so. He seems like he's hard pressed for time as it is.. I think he posted a couple bulletins on Myspace after people wouldn't stop asking about his next tour- He wants to take time off to write and finish his band. As it stands now- its just a project, he needs other people to complete the band so they can tour, etc.

I can't wait to hear more from the band...

Xmas Medley is the best Sleep Terror song!
Quote by Plus_the_Bear
this is probably the only band worth a mention in the same sentence as Necrophagist,

Oh what the fuck has the world come to
Quote by Plus_the_Bear
this is probably the only band worth a mention in the same sentence as Necrophagist

No they're not.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
absolutely awesome band. Probing Tranquility is stupefying

When I came near losing my own life
It made me learn the true meaning of a smile
I've can't get over how heavy this stuff is and the fast and sweet jazz parts make it even better. Excellent band, and it would definitley be awesome to see them live. Amaxophobia, Sonambulist Pedophile, and Dysrhythmic Vexation all pwn.
crit my drawings with comments in profile! thanks
(just go to the pictures section)

Quote by Lostprophets$$$
I agree with him

Also, wtf's a buttplug? If its something u put in her ass, then what the f*ck's ur penis for? Enlighten me pit monkehs (Y)
Fuck Necrophagist. Sleep Terror are so much better in my opinion.

I absolutely love the jazz thrown it, and I think his riffs are better than 'phagist.

Necrophagist just makes my mind numb from over-complexity and I start talking to myself while sitting alone, in the bathtub whilst cradling a bottle of bud.

Spawn of Possession could be used in the same sentence with Necrophagist such as: Necrophagist are good but not as good as SoP

When I came near losing my own life
It made me learn the true meaning of a smile
Autoerotic spy FTW!
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
Somnambulist Pedophile slays.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
^ This man speaks the truth, I Sleep Terror.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
okay, well does anyone here have any tabs other than the three on this website??? i used an amazing slow downer to figure out parts of Somnambulist Pedophile but it took me forever to get it right! so anyone got tabs?
Page 1 of 2