There is this girl that I know and she's a very nice girl but she has a very big problem. She has this boyfriend and he's one of those guys that just wants to screw and leave, but she isn't letting him get some. Anyways I told her to break up with him but she keeps on giving me the same ass excuse "I CAN'T HELP IT!". According to her she and her boyfriend did take a break, whatever the hell that is, and he already screwed like 2 girls while she met a person but couldn't stop thinking about the boyfriend. This guy treats her like shit and she deserves more but it seems that my words are not getting to her...so what do I do, and please don't be douche bags about this issue because this is serious I don't want her to get hurt because she's my friend and all. So what do I do?
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
intervention
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by reb_49
There is this girl that I know and she's a very nice girl but she has a very big problem. She has this boyfriend and he's one of those guys that just wants to screw and leave, but she isn't letting him get some. Anyways I told her to break up with him but she keeps on giving me the same ass excuse "I CAN'T HELP IT!". According to her she and her boyfriend did take a break, whatever the hell that is, and he already screwed like 2 girls while she met a person but couldn't stop thinking about the boyfriend. This guy treats her like shit and she deserves more but it seems that my words are not getting to her...so what do I do, and please don't be douche bags about this issue because this is serious I don't want her to get hurt because she's my friend and all. So what do I do?

First of all, take this to the relationship thread. Secondly, you like her, but unfortunately it sounds as though you're in the friend zone. Sucks for you.
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
If your words don't appear to be striking home just let it alone for a while. Eventually she will see for her self what is really going on. Don't keep pestering her about it because she will begin to resent you. I've been in the same situation quite a few times.
Quote by Rambo-Conny
Kick the guy in the ovaries.

Here's the problem I don't know the guy...I haven't even seen him. But hearing from all her friends this guy is one true asshole.
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Quote by reb_49

of course not, she's a woman, you gotta beat it into her!
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
please I get it Relationship Thread but I'm not in the relationship with her...if not this is a Friendship Thread or whatever.
Quote by The_Okie
First of all, take this to the relationship thread. Secondly, you like her, but unfortunately it sounds as though you're in the friend zone. Sucks for you.

I get it relationship thread...but seriously I just like her as a friend, I do have a crush on this German Exchange student.
alright, well honestly, as long as he is not abusing her, raping her, or whatever, theres not much else you can do other than talk to her about it.
And dont make such judgements withut actually knowing the guy. She will come to her senses if he is really such a bad guy...
And i dunno, maye you have other feelings for her that are sort of over-exagerating this guy's attitude towards your friend. And if not, mabe you just really love her as a friend, then let her figure it out...

But dont bother her too much as happytimeharry said because she will come to resent you...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Just let her realize it herself, don't get involved. It's her choice on who she dates. Plus, if the guy finds out she broke up with him because you told her to, he may feel inclined to kick your ass.
Member #11 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join

Quote by MuffinMan
Women: the newest form of currency.
Quote by x_thurston_x
alright, well honestly, as long as he is not abusing her, raping her, or whatever, theres not much else you can do other than talk to her about it.
And dont make such judgements withut actually knowing the guy. She will come to her senses if he is really such a bad guy...
And i dunno, maye you have other feelings for her that are sort of over-exagerating this guy's attitude towards your friend. And if not, mabe you just really love her as a friend, then let her figure it out...

But dont bother her too much as happytimeharry said because she will come to resent you...

Okay so just let it be basically?
Quote by reb_49
Okay so just let it be basically?

pretty much... I mean really, what else can you do?
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

You realize that girls like jerks right?
That's why nice people dont get hot chicks.
Quote by MusicHead32
Just let her realize it herself, don't get involved. It's her choice on who she dates. Plus, if the guy finds out she broke up with him because you told her to, he may feel inclined to kick your ass.

Yeah but I'm the only one...shitloads of her friends are basically how I'm feeling about this issue so all her friends hate him also.
Quote by Gnod
You realize that girls like jerks right?
That's why nice people dont get hot chicks.

Well that is not quite true there are some guys that I know, very nice guys and their girlfriends are pretty damn hot.
Relationship thread, or you could MIND YOUR OWN GOD DAMN BUSINESS. You think he treats her like shit, but she's still with him, so obviously he can't be all bad, and if he is an asshole then when and screws her and leaves it'll teach her better than you ever could.
Quote by NGD1313
Relationship thread, or you could MIND YOUR OWN GOD DAMN BUSINESS. You think he treats her like shit, but she's still with him, so obviously he can't be all bad, and if he is an asshole then when and screws her and leaves it'll teach her better than you ever could.

it's kind of hard to mind my own God damn business when she's bitching to me that he's an asshole but she's afraid there won't be some other guy that is hot as him, in her words.
Quote by reb_49
it's kind of hard to mind my own God damn business when she's bitching to me that he's an asshole but she's afraid there won't be some other guy that is hot as him, in her words.

then she has some major insecurity problems and needs to work on her self-worth and self-esteem...

go to someone she REALLY trusts and explain to them the situation... get their take on it...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

Quote by x_thurston_x
then she has some major insecurity problems and needs to work on her self-worth and self-esteem...

go to someone she REALLY trusts and explain to them the situation... get their take on it...

There's a problem with that...I am the someone she REALLY trusts.
allright, you light some candles, put on barry white, and get your girl and the exchange student together and take care of business my friend... or, if you know someone that really would be good for her try that, or depending on your guys age, she'll prolly be broke up with him in not long anyway and be datingthe next asshole... so dont worry yourself too much about it bro
Quote by GuitarHero0715
yea, i know what you mean, i think it means you have balls, not sure, thats what i heard from my dad, although he wasnt sober

Quote by Sinforsale
Welcome to UG, The "safest" place on the Net.

a Tip is this: Dont Go Into the Pit Under ANY Circumstance.
All right thanks guys...but no seriously I should just let them be and let her suffer while I enjoy the German girl. goodnite