I know it's bad to expose callouses to water for long amounts of time (washing dishes etc.) but is it ok to use lotion on my hands (including callouses) every night?

This was suggested on another board to cure sunken skin underneath a callous I have on one of my fingertips but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something that would make my callouses too soft...etc. I've heard it's actually good for callouses on some boards (including drinking lots of water for overall hydration)...but I'm looking for some verification from some seasoned players.

Thanks for any help!
Quote by stupideye
I know it's bad to expose callouses to water for long amounts of time (washing dishes etc.) but is it ok to use lotion on my hands (including callouses) every night?

This was suggested on another board to cure sunken skin underneath a callous I have on one of my fingertips but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something that would make my callouses too soft...etc. I've heard it's actually good for callouses on some boards (including drinking lots of water for overall hydration)...but I'm looking for some verification from some seasoned players.

Thanks for any help!

Um...That didnt make any sense..So, are you asking if it's "okay" to put lotion on your callous's??..I dunno, my first and second fingers look like monkeys feet and they still feel fine after i do dishes or whatever..All i know is that callous's keeps my fingers from getting sore after playing awhile..But putting lotion on your fingers...Im not really sure..
Quote by captainjackass
YES i now own 11.4 sqaue feet of the rainforest.... could a tree fit on that?

LoL
Quote by civildp1
that was way to long to read so I'm just gonna assume it was about cake. and I agree, cake is delicious

it should be ok as long as you dont go overboard, i never really put anything on them, but yeah make sure you are always drinking tons of water, not to sound cheesy but yeah, keep hydrated, especially if you hit the weights, a little lotion before bed should be ok, hehe no pun intended
I have to use lotion in the winter to keep my skin from flaking off. I see no ill effects on my guitar callouses. Just let your hands "dry" before you play, that's all.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
yeah ... definitely never play after you use it but it should be fine ... the only problem with exposing callouses to water is if you use them to soon afterwards, which makes them flake off ... of course with huge amounts of water they come of themselves. i had a job as a dishwasher and i had to give it up because my fingers were dying XD
Last edited by blakwyte at Mar 10, 2007,