Okay! I was messing around with my humbucker pickup cuz i was bored (Not the best idea, but hey, i put the speaker on my old amp in backwards and it hasnt blown up yet..So why not?) Then when i put it back were i wanted it to be,(2 milimeters from strings or somthing) it wont stay down! I took it to a music store, and the guy there was very nice, but he just put it back were it needed to be! He said i didnt break anything, but its really annoying..It still works fine, just pops up if I lean forward slightly....And my second problem:I was jamming with a drummer today, and we sounded pretty decent, and i was playing a solo, and my high E string POPPED!Now it didnt actully break in 2, it just made a popping sound and went way outta tune. Then i couldnt get it back in tune! The same thing happened with my B string, except i got it back in tune...These were BRAND NEW, D'Addario .11's...What should i do with my pickup and string situation?
Quote by captainjackass
YES i now own 11.4 sqaue feet of the rainforest.... could a tree fit on that?

LoL
Quote by civildp1
that was way to long to read so I'm just gonna assume it was about cake. and I agree, cake is delicious

It sounds like you just strung your guitar wrong and the string slipped.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by yeahyeah

+1
It could be that you need a new nut, and that you're fretting out your note on higher frets.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by yeahyeah

Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
Quote by Chubbes_Hammet
Okay! I was messing around with my humbucker pickup cuz i was bored (Not the best idea, but hey, i put the speaker on my old amp in backwards and it hasnt blown up yet..So why not?) Then when i put it back were i wanted it to be,(2 milimeters from strings or somthing) it wont stay down! I took it to a music store, and the guy there was very nice, but he just put it back were it needed to be! He said i didnt break anything, but its really annoying..It still works fine, just pops up if I lean forward slightly....And my second problem:I was jamming with a drummer today, and we sounded pretty decent, and i was playing a solo, and my high E string POPPED!Now it didnt actully break in 2, it just made a popping sound and went way outta tune. Then i couldnt get it back in tune! The same thing happened with my B string, except i got it back in tune...These were BRAND NEW, D'Addario .11's...What should i do with my pickup and string situation?

The string thing, 99.98% is probably your restringing technique - not just you, that's with everyone. You may have had a poor wind on the post or the string may have hung up on part of the bridge. And some strings do fail - it could be them. Just usually isn't.
Maybe the nickel coil unwound or, as mentioned before, the way you wound it may have been dodgy and it slipped. Maybe you cut your strings a bit short.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999
Maybe the nickel coil unwound or, as mentioned before, the way you wound it may have been dodgy and it slipped. Maybe you cut your strings a bit short.

Yeah thats probably it..But what should i do about my pickup?
Quote by captainjackass
YES i now own 11.4 sqaue feet of the rainforest.... could a tree fit on that?

LoL
Quote by civildp1
that was way to long to read so I'm just gonna assume it was about cake. and I agree, cake is delicious

I don't know much about pickups mate. But if its slipping, i would say that person you talked to dont know shit and slipped you a false repair. I'd get a second opinion from someone that has a bit more knowledge coz it never happens to my guitar.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM