There's a live album called "Filthy Lucre" (on Rhapsody or possibly other music services at least) and an album called "Spunk: The Official Bootleg" (also on Rhapsody). Not really a bootleg, just the original recordings of some songs.
"The Soup Nazi of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join"

Member of the SG Commandos
Bollocks is their only studio album. There's lots of compilations of live tracks, studio outtakes and covers around though.
This is why the Pistols are ovverrated IMO they don't really have enough to show their stuff.

That and the fact they were put together by someone else which.....isnt punk. not one iota.
Apparently Never mind the bollocks was played by session musicians, and no one will admit it.

I find this sorta hard to believe considering the live shows, and even if it is true, who cares?

That and the fact they were put together by someone else which.....isnt punk. not one iota.

Just like the Clash.
for ****s sake, the pistols weren't put together by mclaren! everyone knows mclaren is full of shit

they have loads of compilations out. i've got:
kiss this
jubilee
great rock n roll swindle
sid sings / too fast to live (not really the pistols, but hey)
and the others that are available near me are floggin a dead horse and know your product
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Quote by pistols
for ****s sake, the pistols weren't put together by mclaren! everyone knows mclaren is full of shit

As far as I know, Glen, Paul n Steve were playing together under a different name, with someone called Wally on vocals and it was Bernie Rhodes who suggested John Lydon as a vocalist (after seeing him with the infamous 'I Hate Pink Floyd' t-shirt on).
But I'm no real fan of the Pistols tbh, so this may be wrong.
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Just like the Clash.

did i say anything about the clash? and the clashat least a)stayed together b)lived and c)played with their musical style
Quote by original=punk
did i say anything about the clash? and the clashat least a)stayed together b)lived and c)played with their musical style

I bloody love the Clash. But they were more manufactured than the Pistols. Mick was in the London SS with Tony James before the Clash, whereas Paul couldn't even play bass and was picked for his looks. Joe was poached after Mick and Paul saw him play with the 101ers.
Compare that to most the Sex Pistols having being rehearsing together as early as 75.
but the sex pistols STILL sucked, and i love the clash too i was just saying. at least they made ALOT more music than the shit pistols.
The point I think Brian was trying to make was that The Pistols weren't the only punk band to have a touch of manufactured about them.
And no Sex Pistols pretty much = no Clash. Or at least no Clash as we know them. Strummer only decided to quit the 101ers cos of seeing the Pistols and realising this was the new thing.
Judging a band on quantity of output isn't a very good measure anyway in my opinion, I'd rather listen to a band that made one amazing album than a band that made 25 average ones. Just chill out, subsituting shit for Sex in the Sex Pistols isn't witty, funny or intelligent.
but their album isnt that great, they are horrible musicians, and the songs are mediocre. the clash own the sex pistols.
Quote by GreenDayChris
The point I think Brian was trying to make was that The Pistols weren't the only punk band to have a touch of manufactured about them.

Thank you Chris, you beat me to my own post. I have a cookie around here somewhere you’re quite welcome to once I find it…

but their album isnt that great, they are horrible musicians, and the songs are mediocre. the clash own the sex pistols.

If you take both band’s punk album, you will actually find that Never Mind the Bollocks is the harder to play. The Clash have two guitars - Mick Jones is chugging out riffs that fit badly to Joe Strummer’s chord progression (hear the demo of white riot… urrrggghh)

The Clash recorded a demo with Guy Stevens and it was utterly awful. No energy in it whatsoever. By comparison, Steve Jones comes up with the definitive punk guitar sound when he tells Chris Thomas that he wants a huge guitar sound, and ends up dubbing his parts 12 times.

Seriously, the Clash had a lot less talent than the music industry let on.

They took their real life pUnK rAwk escapades - ie shooting pidgeons, which is a pretty hard thing to do, and then took that situation, and wrote it into a completely different song called “Guns on the Roof”, as opposed to it being about Topper Headon getting bummed in the local brig.

The more and more I think about it, Charles Shar Murray was right when he asserted in good old ‘76 that the Clash should be locked in the garage with the motor left running.

Seriously, the worst thing the pistols ever did was frigging in the rigging, and to me, that’s a lot funnier to a vague, bitchy repetitive song like “Know your rights.”

The Clash were very modern in that they took a really shit riff, played it over and over. Everyone gives the Clash credit for being fast songwriters, but in fact, all they did was write three songs from enough material for one. And of course, the public lapped it up, because they love simple repetitive riffs and don’t care what the song is about.

At the end of the day, both bands were really fake, and really not very good.

Joe and Mick were no more punk than Terry Chimes.
Quote by original=punk
sex pistols just ripped off 50's rock 'n roll and made it faster, that it!

that is punk rock...chuck berry's music stripped down for parts.

now, i know nothing about the clash, because i find their music rather mediocre; the only good album is the self titled, and like half the songs off of london calling. the rest sucked. but there was this article i read on the internet that the clash ripped off A LOT of their songs from others. the sex pistols ripped off the bassline of in the city and turned it into a guitar part for holiday in the sun...but they were original. i don't like them. but this mclaren thing and sid not being able to play bass is all bullshit. before nancy sid could play the bass just fine, and the pistols were around way before mclaren got his hands in them...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
why all the hostility? if you dont like the pistols, stay out of sex pistols related threads. ok?
Quote by timesharescam
why all the hostility? if you dont like the pistols, stay out of sex pistols related threads. ok?

That would be a technique called "posting marginally irrelevant information to raise post count."
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Sorry, edit freezes up.

I hereby award GreenDayChris with the Johnny Skull**** award of excellence:

Thankyou.
But I must disagree with you about the quality of The Clash's music. London Calling is a masterpiece IMO.
I'm not sure where I stand on the whole mythology issue with them though to be honest. I mean it is incredibly fake in parts, but still - would punk have had such an impact without it? And it did give 'em a fucking great image.
Although someone, I think hardrock (?) pointed out that it's wrong to break down mythology, at the same time, you have to be careful where you tread.

"The mind that cannot distinguish between reality and fiction is a dangerous mind indeed" - Made up Chinese Skull**** Dynasty Proverb.

Without the Clash, Oi! bands would have a harder time controlling the crowd, because they wouldn't have had "White Riot" to sedate the rowdy audience.

Maybe it would have had an impact on the punk uniform? maybe the leather jacket wouldn't have come about, but at the same time, maybe King's Road would have made better profits for longer.

Without the Clash, we still would have songs about London, although not about belfast. We'd have less "political" bands singing about what they didn't know.

I agree with you on the image. Paul Simonon was not an Arthur Kane figure, as many would believe, he had a lot of impact on the live show, and had complete artistic control.
The thing that really justifies all the mythology for me is that it made the band sound more 'of the people', which must have helped with the whole punk thing that anyone could get out there and do it. The way they were portrayed as 'Thinking man's yobs' and everything.
Still, there's a few songs on '...Rope' that do kind of stink slightly of a band desperately trying to retain a bit of street cred, 'Guns on the Roof' and 'Cheapskates' particuarly.
Paul was, and is, a very stylish guy. And just cos you mentioned him, here's a pic of me n my brother with him outside The Irish Centre in Leeds. I'm on the right btw.

We met him after seeing The Good, the Bad and the Queen (who are bloody good). There was a kid there with a Liam Gallagher poster he said he was gonna ask Damion Albon (sp) to sign, but I don't know if he did. It would have been hilarious though.
I got my pickguard signed

Anyway, wasn't this thread about the Sex Pistols?
That's awesome.

Paul is one my favourite Clash members.

And you boys are tall. region of 6' 1"?

I presume Paul would have shrunk a bit.
Yeah we are both pretty tall.
Paul was ace, totally down to earth and patient. I was expecting to be totally starstruck by him but he was just so cool, you felt totally comfortable in his prescence.
That pickguard is now hanging on my wall, in a frame I painted bright pink. Tis awesome.
Anyways, on topic(ish):

EDIT: I added your band on Myspace.

On topic, Pistols discography for ya: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_pistols#Discography
Last edited by GreenDayChris at Mar 11, 2007,
Thanks for the ad Chris, although I see Ms Shadow got it first

Check out me new song, the warehouse, the solo for that is rather nasty on the old forearm muscles, we might be putting it into the trash kittens set.

I'm not looking forward to playing it live
Woah, I get why you got voted best punk musician now.
That is seriously cool. If you ever play any gigs up north, let us know and I shall pop and see ya.
haha, cheers man.

By the time I get round to recording that song, the solo is actually gonna be half decent, as opposed to a kirk hammet style wank.

As for coming up north, although it'd be awesome, I can't even organise myself a train ticket to London

or cough up the £50 for the ticket
ok, the clash totally copied the pistols. listen to pretty vacant, and then listen to im so bored with the usa. i like both bands, but if it wasn't for pistols, no clash. so stick it anti pistol freaks. and musical skill wise, i must say its a tie. because steve jones was the better guitarist, and had a obviously MUCH better drummer. but the clash had a better singer, and for the guy who said the bassist of the clash sucked, your an idiot. he has some amazing bass lines. so yeah, it is a tie. but this is what i think about which debut is better: BOLLOCKS

by the way, joe strummer USED punk to preach his hypocritical political rants. his ****ing dad was a rich diplomat, shut up strummer, rich boy.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
You also have to bear in mind that the Clash played "I'm so bored with you" for their first few gigs, the "story" behind the USA part is false.

And I bet you that the thing about the ice creams isn't true either. Even Sid or Donny Tourette wouldn't have had the balls to DESECRATE an ice cream parlour with an ICE CREAM that they could LEGALLY BUY in the UK.

Oh yeah, Joe Strummer can't sing. I know that because I can't sing and people keep saying I look like Joe Strummer.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Oh yeah, Joe Strummer can't sing. I know that because I can't sing and people keep saying I look like Joe Strummer.

Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.