Page 1 of 3
Ok, so I'm looking for some facts on an interesting topic...

Could a diamond sword be realisticaly created?

How heavy would it be?

How much damage would it do to the average zombie?

Does it have the enchantment potential to become a Flaming sword of slaying?
You really ought to get some friends.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.

Depends on the tensile strength of the particular diamonds.

How heavy would it be?

Pretty heavy, and not balanced well I'd assume.

OVER NINE THOUSADDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course silly.
someone's been playing too much FFXII.....

although diamond may be an extremely hard material, if enough force is applied onto a hard surface (for example, the water dungeon boss' Tempered Chainmail of Thunder protection), it'll shatter, and thereby destroying any chance of saving the princess from the evil undead dragon who has three final forms with no save points inbetween.
Daimond is not an ideal material for a sword, it may be very hard, but it can also be very brittle.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Ureh!!
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by pugnapugnapugna
Good idea, but there aren't any diamonds big enough to make the blade of the sword.

u can grow them!
Look Left>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Left you idiot
Quote by Deliriumbassist
someone's been playing too much FFXII.....

although diamond may be an extremely hard material, if enough force is applied onto a hard surface (for example, the water dungeon boss' Tempered Chainmail of Thunder protection), it'll shatter, and thereby destroying any chance of saving the princess from the evil undead dragon who has three final forms with no save points inbetween.

ohh yeah i know exactly what your talking about....
Quote by ahallbom
Quote by E Daws
You really ought to get some friends.
Quote by NGD1313
Get off your computer now. Go outside.

How about a diamond dildo
Quote by IbanezSA160
To make a ringing sound with your guitar, take the guitar and ram it as hard as you can into your balls.

Quote by AdayTripper
If the teletubby has a vagina, I'll stick my dick in there.
you can grow CRYSTALS not DIAMOND.... Diamonds are, by nature, highly compressed carbon chains into a crystalline structure. Crystals are just giant lumps of salt, essentially. You can grow crystals by use of a salt in a solution that will react/evaporate (depending on chemicals etc) to form/leave a solid structure.

You can't do that with diamond. I think.
non-malleable materials such as diamond are far from ideal for sword making, it would probably shatter quite easily. You could coat the blade with powdered diamond to make it eaiser to cut through bone however.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by The Leader
Daimond is not an ideal material for a sword, it may be very hard, but it can also be very brittle.

not can, is very brittle

diamond sword vs steel sword = shattered diamond sword
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
non-malleable materials such as diamond are far from ideal for sword making, it would probably shatter quite easily.

That could, however, be the precursor to the epic quest he would have to go on to recover all of the missing shards, which were scattered throughout the world. The last piece of course, will be held by his nemesis.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by The Leader
That could, however, be the precursor to the epic quest he would have to go on to recover all of the missing shards, which were scattered throughout the world. The last piece of course, will be held by his nemesis.

That wouldn't be that good because after you beat his nemesis and form the sword, the quest would be over. What would you do with the sword? Cut wood? I think the last shard should be held in an ancient temple, guarded by the warriors who's devotion is so strong that their will to protect the shard is carried on even after death.
Quote by ahallbom
i'm on a never ending quest to save my grilfriend!

*fixed*
Holy crap, my UG account still exists?
Quote by pugnapugnapugna
That wouldn't be that good because after you beat his nemesis and form the sword, the quest would be over. What would you do with the sword? Cut wood? I think the last shard should be held in an ancient temple, guarded by the warriors who's devotion is so strong that their will to protect the shard is carried on even after death.

i like it, wide open for a sequel
It's great, if you can never get past the glass on you sliding door.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
It's possible to make gems by machine but it costs a lot of money. Technically you can have a sword made out of sapphire or ruby or whatever and still be potntially powerful but I don't think many people think it's a good enough idea to even bother with.
Quote by Dirge Humani
This confuses me.

Diamond = cutting glass
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

Threads like this make me wonder if half the people on this site actually play an instrument...
Quote by Nick_
But the point is: Music is too mutable, too ambiguous, too unruly to allow itself to be defined by an absolute syntax of terms. Don't bother. Live with it.
Quote by ahallbom

Not unless you craft it with a Morbian Power Crystal, duh.
Quote by Metal-X
Diamond = cutting glass

Yup, isn't diamond like a 10 out of 10 on the mohs scale? If so than that shit is no joke to play around with.

I feel like a nerd for knowing this but diamond is also one of the few and maybe only type of jewelery that can be dangeous to keep around a high end watch as high end watches use sapphire face plates since sapphire is nearly unscratchable but not to diamonds.

Another interesting property of diamonds, they will feel cold when you pick them up while they are at room temperature, because they have a very high thermal conductivity. That's one way to tell real from fakes - however, you have to make sure it is actually at room temperature before testing, if someone was wearing or holding the ring it will be warmer.

Diamond sword? = teh sucks. Do what the rest of us do and use lightsabers
Quote by BearWithAGun
I've only known one man to use such a gun, and I believe I've killed him two times
Quote by ahallbom
Ok, so I'm looking for some facts on an interesting topic...

How heavy would it be?

Duh, of course it does. But you have to be a level 50 Arcane Fire mage to wield it though.
I'm back, you douchebags.
Quote by magicman0508
Threads like this make me wonder if half the people on this site actually play an instrument...

your average pit goer would be a hobby guitarist, all the bedroom shredders and band members lurk elsewhere on the forums
Quote by Diamond Dave
your average pit goer would be a hobby guitarist, all the bedroom shredders and band members lurk elsewhere on the forums

Except for me, I'm just terrible at giving out advice.
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

Quote by musiclover2399
Yup, isn't diamond like a 10 out of 10 on the mohs scale? If so than that shit is no joke to play around with.

I feel like a nerd for knowing this but diamond is also one of the few and maybe only type of jewelery that can be dangeous to keep around a high end watch as high end watches use sapphire face plates since sapphire is nearly unscratchable but not to diamonds.

it would be dangerous to have around any type of watch, glass and plastic and all the other shit they make watch faces out of is going to be a lot softer then diamond as well
I vwouyld be planning to use like 7 Power orbs to power the crystals, It would raise the duraability to well over forty seven. and also add around 7 to the max damger wile also adding to your crit chance and you double yoiur mana pool
guys please, I have a chemistry test tomorow concerning it, and I am aBOUT TO KILL THE DRAGONPRINCE OF KRELL. HIS ADAMANTINE CUIRASS HAS A sword breaking chantie on it, I dont no if my gear is up to par
Didn't a just see a Random Word thread? WTF?
Why look a man in the eye when you can shoot him in the back?

If you can't convince them; confuse them.

Quote by smb
I think anyone who hasn't cheated hasn't lived.
Page 1 of 3