Does anybody know where I can find a body and two necks to make a double necked SG? I would relly like one, but I dont want to spend $3,000 on the Gibson. Thanks!
joshuaestock.com
why dont u just make them?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens~jimi hendrix

My Gear:
ESP kH-202
Crate FXT 120
yamaha 500(keyboard)
1967 fenderbandmaster halfstack
schecter c1 hollow body
Pedals:
original crybaby wah
flutter pedal
boss mt-2
Quote by Parentadvisory
why dont u just make them?

That's what he asked....
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
Sounds like a pain in the arse to build. Just buy an epiphone. Or you can find even cheaper chinese ones.

I've played a Gibson one and they're extremely impractical and heavy and fragile and big.. I'd never buy one, especially not a Gibson.

Honestly though.. How many songs need a 12 AND 6 string at the same time?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by TheDev01dOne
Sounds like a pain in the arse to build. Just buy an epiphone. Or you can find even cheaper chinese ones.

I've played a Gibson one and they're extremely impractical and heavy and fragile and big.. I'd never buy one, especially not a Gibson.

Honestly though.. How many songs need a 12 AND 6 string at the same time?

would be nice to have a double neck just for messing around on, i switch between a 6 string guitar and a 4 string bass all the time when messing around playing stuff for fun and it frankly gets annoying having to unplug and plug back in then two guitars.
Official member #3 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join. Luthier's only .
If you only want one to mess around on though then there's no problem with buying a cheap one. But I don't see any need for buying an expensive one that will mostly be useless. And especially not BUILDING one. That will probably end up costing way more than buying a Epi one.
what? and not have the fun of building?
Official member #3 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join. Luthier's only .
Quote by TheDev01dOne
If you only want one to mess around on though then there's no problem with buying a cheap one. But I don't see any need for buying an expensive one that will mostly be useless. And especially not BUILDING one. That will probably end up costing way more than buying a Epi one.

Mine is costing more than an Epiphone one, but then again, the parts and woods etc. (especially pickups) used are a lot better than on an Epiphone one. Not only that, but it will also be to my own spec and no-one else will have one like it.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
A double neck is like a big, pimpy hat. Not good for much, but pretty damn cool. =)
Quote by Calum_Barrow
Mine is costing more than an Epiphone one, but then again, the parts and woods etc. (especially pickups) used are a lot better than on an Epiphone one. Not only that, but it will also be to my own spec and no-one else will have one like it.

keep in mind, Calum is highly experienced, and he is able to build to his own spec. It would be alot harder to get it the way you want it if youre a beginner at building.
nothing wrong with double necks. I'd say go for it if your willing to stick with it.
try warmoth.com. I'm pretty sure they have doubleneck SG bodies there.
try an olp one, they play great, only problem is it's a little harder than the epiphones to play sitting down
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by appetite4gnr
keep in mind, Calum is highly experienced, and he is able to build to his own spec. It would be alot harder to get it the way you want it if youre a beginner at building.

Although I appreciate your comment a lot, it is actually my first attempt at building a guitar from scratch (haven't built any from parts yet either).
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by Mynabull
That's what he asked....

he asked where to find 2 necks and a body. i said make the 2 necks and the body. WTF ARE YOUUUU TALKING BOUT
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens~jimi hendrix

My Gear:
ESP kH-202
Crate FXT 120
yamaha 500(keyboard)
1967 fenderbandmaster halfstack
schecter c1 hollow body
Pedals:
original crybaby wah
flutter pedal
boss mt-2
IMO you should make a 5 neck, like rick neilson has. Or his doubleneck in his likeness, with the necks being his legs. that is a cool guitar.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by Calum_Barrow
Although I appreciate your comment a lot, it is actually my first attempt at building a guitar from scratch (haven't built any from parts yet either).

Wow, first build from scratch? I've seen your work. from the pics it looks like you've been doing it for years. Your highly talented man! can't wait to see the finished Doubleneck.

JEST87, do some research on how much your project would cost. if it would end up costing more than an epi, just buy an epi double-neck, and just swap pickups to whatever ones you want.