hey kk first of all this is for anyone who knows or likes blink 182 and their sound.

So i got a line 6 spider III 75w amp and a yamaha pacifica with a seymour duncan invader humbucker in it.

Now i'd like to kno how to get that damn blink 182 sound. I think i pretty much got the enema sound and the self titled album sound, but i cant get the f***in take off ur pants and jacket sound. All the sounds i get sound to aggresive. If anyone knows anything about getting the blink 182 sound of any album, or even song please please tell me. Anything helps, from amp settings(gain, mid..etc) to pickup height, to strings, or even telling me i should reinstall my stock pickup!!

Also if u kno a better amp or guitar that will get me closer to that blink182, punkish sound please let me know.
thanks so much.
Hahahha ^+1 Love it
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
LesPaulMarshall, you friggin rock!
Quote by adrian_brown89
It's pretty hard to find someone as hardcore as Tom. The race for hardcore supremacy would be pretty close but i think Tom's got his nose just in front for now...
^

blink is NOT punk
the sex pistols were
the clash were

blink isnt

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
the guitar that tom used was a fender strat with a duncan invader in it, so you have the pickup, you just need the guitar
If you really wanted a 'PUNK' sound.. You'd have any cheap guitar, any cheap amp. No effects and just play loud.

Somehow I don't think the Sex Pistols were very worried about having expensive gear or some certain tone..

Punk isn't about that.

And Blink 182 is pop. Not punk.
Blink is pop-punk on a good day. That's a day where they don't play music.

Wow... my first Blink bashing on this forum. Everyone remember this.

But seriously, if you want a real punk sound, you just need to play loud, fast and angry, preferably drunk. If you want a pop punk sound, get daddy to buy you expensive guitars and amps just to play power chords.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
kk well daddy or mommy or me dont have the cash so i have to work with wat i got...as posted above^^. and i gess i need to correct myself. I'm looking for a pop-punk sound...actually just blink 182 sound. And again any advive is great thanks
Well what is your current setup?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Unless you're trying to figure out how to customise your guitar for a more suitable sound, then how does this fit into BG&C?
my current setups a line 6 spider III 75w and a yamaha pacifica with a duncan invader in the humbucker. And i am trying to customise my guitar but amp settings and anything else will definitaly help.
Ok, Everyone who posted nothing helpful (e.g The first posters)

Leave. Now. And never come back.

We don't need shits like you turning this place into a shit hole. If you want to debate music go to a music forum, and leave the building forum alone.

To the threadstarter, first off you have the wrong forum. If your looking for a sound try going to GG&A. But I can tell you that Tom used Seymour Duncan Invaders in the Bridge position of his guitar (strat?). But I can assure you he used some form of a tube amp. So you won't get the tone spot on. But Try dialing in light gain with the channel volume high and master volume wherever. And turn the tone and volume knobs on your guitar all the way to ten and set the pickup selector to the bridge. This might work.

But GG&A has an amp setting thread last time I checked. Go there and look for some settings. It will help much more then a building forum ever can. If you need help putting in a pickup or whatnot, then come here.

EDIT:just saw your last post, I'd highly advise getting a new amp if your still disappointed with your tone. But again this si a gg&a issue.
Quote by kaplac
Ok, Everyone who posted nothing helpful (e.g The first posters)

Leave. Now. And never come back.

We don't need shits like you turning this place into a shit hole. If you want to debate music go to a music forum, and leave the building forum alone.

Bingo. next person who bashes any genre on my watch wont be here long. be helpful, or dont post.
Quote by kaplac
But GG&A has an amp setting thread last time I checked. Go there and look for some settings. It will help much more then a building forum ever can. If you need help putting in a pickup or whatnot, then come here.

again, bingo. try the settings thread if you want settings.

im going to leave this open for the time being to see if you still want help on customizing your guitar. if not, head to GG&A and the settings thread and i will close this.
I'd say use the 4th position on your Strat to get a nice little quack...But you already changed the pickup to that damn Invader...The Invader doesn't really get you Tom's tone. Never understood the allure of his tone, anyway, it's not that great. But each to their own...
Personally, I'd check out a Telecaster, if you want to try another guitar for a punk sound. Use the bridge pickup. It's got that twang that a lot of pop-punk bands these days use.
You could also pick a bit closer to the bridge, and use a thicker pick for more treble and a sharper attack.
just get a new amp, a peavy bandit has a "great" punk tone. As in great for punk.
kk thanks everyone. Sorry about posting this threat in the wrong area, it my first one and i wasnt sure wer to put it. So i'm gonna head over to GG&A!