How proficient are you with a knife? Because my best advice would be to cover your guitar with masking tape, transfer the image to the tape (there are a number of methods for doing this) and cutting out the bits that are white in that image with an exacto knife.

The problem with making this into an actual stencil is that there are a lot of areas in the image that aren't connected, and you'd therefore need to make gaps all over the thing, and if you stencil that onto a guitar, it'd be really difficult to bridge those gaps with paint afterwards without making it extremely obvious. This problem doesn't exist with masking tape.
Quote by Pikka Bird
How proficient are you with a knife? Because my best advice would be to cover your guitar with masking tape, transfer the image to the tape (there are a number of methods for doing this) and cutting out the bits that are white in that image with an exacto knife.

The problem with making this into an actual stencil is that there are a lot of areas in the image that aren't connected, and you'd therefore need to make gaps all over the thing, and if you stencil that onto a guitar, it'd be really difficult to bridge those gaps with paint afterwards without making it extremely obvious. This problem doesn't exist with masking tape.

What might those methods be
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Honestly, the best system I've found is to make it yourself. I.e. print out that picture, or another, then resize it on a copy machine to fit the look you want. When you have it at the right size, use a piece of card stock and copy it on there. Once that is done, use an x-acto or other razor and cut out the part you wish to be painted upon your guitar (on a black guitar you can cut out the white parts, this will make anything that is white on the picture whatever color you wish to paint it. It's the cheapest, and most customizable method in my opinion. Good luck.
Quote by RevRock
Honestly, the best system I've found is to make it yourself. I.e. print out that picture, or another, then resize it on a copy machine to fit the look you want. When you have it at the right size, use a piece of card stock and copy it on there. Once that is done, use an x-acto or other razor and cut out the part you wish to be painted upon your guitar (on a black guitar you can cut out the white parts, this will make anything that is white on the picture whatever color you wish to paint it. It's the cheapest, and most customizable method in my opinion. Good luck.

Thanks, and love your Duke icon! I had my Duke icon up for awhile but took it down recently, tough loss to State other night
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Quote by i(ncubus)play
What might those methods be

The simplest and most exact method:
Hmm, I don't know what it's called in English, but I'd suppose it'd be something like "transfer paper" or something. Basically, you place it on top of your guitar when it's covered in the masking tape and on top of that you place your POW MIA logo (that you've printed out in the proper size) and then just trace it (be very careful now- do NOT allow either of the sheets to move around at all. You can clamp it down lightly if you're not sure you can keep it aligned). The transfer paper will rub off on the tape and you'll get a nice outline of the image on the masking tape. (test somewhere else how much pressure you need to apply when tracing- some transfer paper doesn't rub off that easily). Then yuo go over it again directly on the tape, cleaning up and sharpening the lines a bit. And now you're ready to cut.
^ carbon paper works as transfer paper. just make sure you put the rubb off side down and anywhere you press it will go from the carbon paper to the tape/guitar.

i personally suggest you start by covering the guitar completly in the blue painters tape and making sure it is pressed down without any air bubbles. then tape the picture to the top of that (scotch tape is fine, just make sure it is secrure). then use a very sharp exacto knife to cut through the edges of the design on the paper and through the tape.you can see where you cut the paper so you know where you have done the tape. remove the paper after completing the cutting, then you peel up the correct sections of tape from the guitar. next, very carefully make sure all of the edges of the tape are firmly pressed to the guitar and all of the edges are cut cleanly. you should have a perfect stencil on your guitar now if you were patient and careful. paint as normal and you should be good.