Poll: car or suv?
Poll Options
View poll results: car or suv?
car
35 76%
suv
11 24%
Voters: 46.
#1
which do you prefer

car or suv?

not based on gas mileage or anything like that, just personal preference
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
#3
I prefer a truck. A diesel with a cummin's.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
#4
car, i can handle the car a lot better
Failure is a far greater teacher than success.
Unified

Gear:
Schecter C-1
Peavey Classic 30
Roland Cube 30
DD-3
Ibanez WD-7
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
#5
Quote by rbmason
I prefer a truck. A diesel with a cummin's.


why dont you just get a hummer that runs on deer meat?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
#7
SUV's are expencive poluting machines. If you want to spend an ass load of money on gas while killing the planet then go with the SUV, if it were I getting the vehical I'd get the more economic of the two (car).
#8
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
why dont you just get a hummer that runs on deer meat?

'Cause Hummer's are POS's.
Cummin's are beasts.

And if it's done right they aren't that inefficient. Plus you get a lot of power out of it.

Hummer's can't do shit.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
#9
Quote by rbmason
'Cause Hummer's are POS's.
Cummin's are beasts.

And if it's done right they aren't that inefficient. Plus you get a lot of power out of it.

Hummer's can't do shit.


having actually gone offroading in a hummer i would have to disagree with you. Hummers (at least the H1s and older H2s are great for off roading and hauling crap, but they are horribly impractical as general use vehicles.

Generally id prefer a car, because SUVs are really pointless and wasteful unless you actually do offroad driving or live in a place with lots of dirt roads and/or it snows a lot.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
#10
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Generally id prefer a car, because SUVs are really pointless and wasteful unless you actually do offroad driving or live in a place with lots of dirt roads and/or it snows a lot.

My daily driver is an SUV, but I'd rather have a car for that. Once I'm done making payments on it, it's going to be a summer-only vehicle and I'm getting a car. My Wrangler is the best vehicle ever, but just not great when you're running the rat race.
Hi, I'm Peter
#11
well the thing w/ me is everything in my city is very spread out so everyone that can drive has to drive everywhere and a lot. i like being higher up in an suv, but i like being able to whip around and stuff in a car. and i guess in high school i dont need an suv at all haha. one kid in my class just got a brand new 2007 chevy truck and this junior i know has an H1, which gets 12 miles to the gallon on the highway hahahahaha
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
#12
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
having actually gone offroading in a hummer i would have to disagree with you. Hummers (at least the H1s and older H2s are great for off roading and hauling crap, but they are horribly impractical as general use vehicles.


now I have to disagree with you. H2's are shit at off roading. ever seen the video of the H2 breaking it's axle? ANyway, you can't compare the H1 to H*. H1 is military and a ****ing beast. In that you are correct.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
#13
Considering I drive an SUV...SUV all the way, although I'm putting in about $30 a week for gas I still love my truck !
#14
**** trucks and SUVs, the only reason people should own them is if you wanna take it off road or use it for serious hauling (especially those who use it for work). Seriously, put that power to good use, don't be a pussy and use it for groceries and shit, get a station wagon for that.

I prefer cars, because I love my dick size as is.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
#15
do you guys think having a smaller engine, a quicker car, and more mpg is better or worse than having a bigger engine, more power, and less mpg?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
#16
Well, all I've really driven every day has been a Cummin's Diesel.
So naturally, I'm all about more power.
And I'm from the South.

And yes, Angilas Guy: I use mine for working. Well, used to before I went to college.
Not much farm work here.

And those who think others are compensating with something are usually the ones who are doing the compensation.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
#17
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
do you guys think having a smaller engine, a quicker car, and more mpg is better or worse than having a bigger engine, more power, and less mpg?


Depends.
If you're just going to go around town, run erands, etc, then use a small engine, less power, and more mpg.
If you got a hobby of racing (Track, preferably for me), or going off-roading, or again, using it for work, then a larger engine and more power can be fun and useful.

I'm just against those who waste a powerful vehicle for status symbols or stupid things. USE THE THING.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
#19
car, small, manual transmission. I love my dodge neon even though it does not currently run and looks like total crap.
A guitar is your personality expressed through 6 strings.
#20
Quote by rbmason
now I have to disagree with you. H2's are shit at off roading. ever seen the video of the H2 breaking it's axle? ANyway, you can't compare the H1 to H*. H1 is military and a ****ing beast. In that you are correct.


Ive been offroading in both an H1 and an older H2, some of the Older H2s (before they got really popular) where built for offroading since thats the only thing they where really used for. and the H1 isn't military BTW its the civilian model the military model is called the HMMWV, although the two are pretty similar and have (mostly) interchangeable parts.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
#21
Quote by AngilasGuy
Depends.
If you're just going to go around town, run erands, etc, then use a small engine, less power, and more mpg.
If you got a hobby of racing (Track, preferably for me), or going off-roading, or again, using it for work, then a larger engine and more power can be fun and useful.

I'm just against those who waste a powerful vehicle for status symbols or stupid things. USE THE THING.


ah well i would be using it to get around town to go wherever i want and going to school so a car sounds way better
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
#22
Quote by AngilasGuy
**** trucks and SUVs, the only reason people should own them is if you wanna take it off road or use it for serious hauling (especially those who use it for work). Seriously, put that power to good use, don't be a pussy and use it for groceries and shit, get a station wagon for that.

I prefer cars, because I love my dick size as is.

Get yourself a Jeep Wrangler. Take the doors and top off and go driving around and tell me it isn't shitloads of fun. But yeah, mine's good for pretty much nothing but offroading/recreational purposes. You aren't exactly going to be moving couches with it.
Hi, I'm Peter
#23
Car. I don't need to go off road so an SUV is of no use to me. I hate housewives who have SUVs just to drop the kids off at school go shopping etc. and most of the kind they buy X5s, Porsche Cayennes can't even go off road. Plus if you hit someone (a pedestrian) in a car at 30mph they have a 20 percent chance of death. Hit someone at 30 in an SUV they have an 80 percent chance of dying. So just think about that before buying a completely unnecessary SUV.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
#24
hit them with a motorbike and you might die as well!


PSN ID: ArranP
#25
I drive a compact SUV. Its 4 wheel drive, 5 speed, gets 35 miles to the gallon and has an AM/FM radio. Can't really complain too much other than I haven't had a chance to throw a CD player in it.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately