So at no avail, I turn to the Pit for help:

I have a rather big decision to make in the coming months.
I plan on getting an apartment in the town where I go to college this summer and next fall/spring semesters. I can either (A) get a rather crappy place with a female friend of mine and spend about $400/month total on everything. or (B) spend a bit more than 2wice that to get a pretty nice place by myself. During the school year, I should be getting about $700/month back from the University.

So my question to you, the pit, is this: Would you take (A) and bank $300/month and live with a girl in a crappy place, or (B) get a nice place and not bank any money.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
I have to say it before someone else does:

Take the crappy house and hook in with the girl.

Seriously though, as long as you arent living on a net loss, id get the best place i could.
Gear:
Ibnaez RG1570 Prestige
Maton EM225C Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Pedal
Yeah... Except she's not attractive in the least. I mean. No... noooo...
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
then refer to my other advice lol
Gear:
Ibnaez RG1570 Prestige
Maton EM225C Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Pedal
Quote by LadyHellraiser
live with the girl, regardless of what she looks like. How bad is she?

It really doesnt matter, because you're saving money. That will help in the long run; college isn't forever. You should save the money up for something you really will need later in life.

I mean, she's not horrendous, we're fairly good friends I suppose. Her boyfriend and I are currently roomates in a dorm-suite apartment thing.

Ha. That's good advice, although probably like most of the other people on here, I plan on getting a nice acoustic first before saving much. Damn those guitars!
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
Quote by rbmason
So at no avail, I turn to the Pit for help:

I have a rather big decision to make in the coming months.
I plan on getting an apartment in the town where I go to college this summer and next fall/spring semesters. I can either (A) get a rather crappy place with a female friend of mine and spend about $400/month total on everything. or (B) spend a bit more than 2wice that to get a pretty nice place by myself. During the school year, I should be getting about $700/month back from the University.

So my question to you, the pit, is this: Would you take (A) and bank $300/month and live with a girl in a crappy place, or (B) get a nice place and not bank any money.

Depends on how hot your female friend is, not saying you should hook up with her but it would certainly help your "relationship" skills in the long run if you guys lived together which would mean you being real close friends with her telling you what "girls" want and such things, but w/e I may just be talking out of my ass, I'd personally take the nice and more expansive place.
Is she a slut?
Quote by IbanezSA160
To make a ringing sound with your guitar, take the guitar and ram it as hard as you can into your balls.

Quote by AdayTripper
If the teletubby has a vagina, I'll stick my dick in there.
Well, if you can deal with the shit place and sharing a room then I'd def go with the shitty room. Your saving money. Unless personal privacy is like a huge thing with you then it shoudlnt' be a problem.

Dont' screw teh girl, or face the penalties of getting kicked out kicked in and kicked in the face.
Well, Let me clarify the living arrangements.

The place to share with the girl is 2 bedroom 1.5 baths, which means I share a shower, but have my own toilet/sink. Privacy isn't a huge deal, but I wouldn't mind not having to share a shower. It's not a problem, i was just curious as to what you on here (who are of age to get a place, I'm assuming those who answer "is she a slut" are not).
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
NIIICCCEEE....

Dude shittyhouse->300 Dollars extra->FULL STACK!
Quote by IbanezSA160
To make a ringing sound with your guitar, take the guitar and ram it as hard as you can into your balls.

Quote by AdayTripper
If the teletubby has a vagina, I'll stick my dick in there.
Well...personally, I'd say room with the girl. The inside of the place can only be as crappy as you let it be. Just have nice things and all that stuff. Saving up money during your college years is a good thing, plus you're in college, you don't have to have the nicest place in the world. I've been living in my own apt. now by myself for about 7 months. It has it's perks in one way, but it's still nice to have roommates and stuff. Me and 4 of my best friends from high school are getting a house together. Surprisingly after being out of high school for 2 years, we're all still close friends and it's really cheap for all of us to get this house, only about $250 a month total. So I say take the roommate. If it's that bad after a couple of months, then take the money you saved and get a different apartment if the lease is lenient about that.