Page 1 of 12
So, I'm gonna start a thread about misspronounced words that make you wanna just punch an infant. you know, when people say a word wrong every single time they say it? reply with a word you hate it when people say.

I'll start with

Acrosst-instead of Across
"nucular" instead of nuclear, that was for you president bush hahaha
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Sab-o-tage instead of sab-a-tage. Yeah, the first way is the original way, but say it like that now and you sound like a dick.

Axe instead of ask.

Member instead of remember.

The list goes on...
Quote by Kai-7
You are the greatest. Wow. CaptainWow

Bumblebee of the Mighty Autobots. PM Kankuro to join.
UG Irish Clan - Póg mo thóin
Metals Fetishist of the"Please Sir, I want GORE" Club - UG Horror Fans and Gorehounds Unite!
Aluminum instead of the correct aluminium.

When people mispronounce specific as percific that for some reason annoys me as well.
i know americans that call melbourne melbouRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNE (said melben)
and brisbane brIS BAAAAAne (said brizban)

and aussie ossy (said auzzie)
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Quote by CaptainWow
Sab-o-tage instead of sab-a-tage. Yeah, the first way is the original way, but say it like that now and you sound like a dick.

Axe instead of ask.

Member instead of remember.

The list goes on...

+1
i love you, your so cool captainwow, those are words that occured to me as soon as i read the title...
i HATE axe instead of ask
pacific instead of specific
member instead of remember
anything ending with "izzle" or "izzy"
Geetar instead of guitar
flanjer instead of flanger
jokelhops instead of Jolkulhaups
teh instead of the......
Why look a man in the eye when you can shoot him in the back?

If you can't convince them; confuse them.

Quote by smb
I think anyone who hasn't cheated hasn't lived.
Well...the city I live in, Terre Haute. People butcher it all the time. pronounced terra hote. Also the whole crick thing instead of creek. People think that because we live out in the boonies that that's how we say it.

But that's kinda like the whole culture thing where we call soft drinks pop here and in other places it's soda or cola. It's pop! lol.

"Geetar instead of guitar" That's kinda like how people insist on calling wrestling "rassling". That pisses me off, it's a real sport, not that WWE crap on t.v.
Last edited by Partyboy2k05 at Mar 10, 2007,
I hate those idiots that say 'retart' instead of retard... Kind of ironic, though...
FUNK IS THE WAY

you can be in my dreams if i can be in yours
Aww asshole took my post off
Quote by IbanezSA160
To make a ringing sound with your guitar, take the guitar and ram it as hard as you can into your balls.

Quote by AdayTripper
If the teletubby has a vagina, I'll stick my dick in there.
when people say "yous" like "you", but plural. Or when people say shiz, The Casualty!
-Tox

ಠ_ಠ
WHOT?
nigga

craka

toof(s)

fo (instead of four)

(anything with izzle at the end)

mouf (mouth)

Kief (instead of kieth) *i know a kid who can't say his own name which is obviously kieTH *

fouty (fourty)

and is just continues from there.

oh .. i forgot birF day (birthday

EDIT: i also forgot "scary" instead of scared.... i heard an adult say that like 2 days ago.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
I don't feel like hitting people because of the way they talk and I'm not even some hippy twat
how about when people pronouce Z as "zee" instead of "zed" ..can't stand that. Where did this "zee" come from?..who started teaching that?

Although "zee" is the supposedly American pronounciation of Z..I don't see why there should be a different pronounciation or then again a separate English between American and UK English
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Kill your friend, kill your friend's girlfriend, then kill the person she's cheating on him with. Then rape all three of them, then kill yourself, then rape yourself.

Member of the "I watched The cptncacklefanny Soap Opera" club
Fehgit instead of faggot, Speanesh instead of Spanish, lawker instead of locker, nub instead of n00b, furment instead of ferment, Carbawn instead of Carbon, eanimawl or aminal instead of animal, hawt chick from Opeth instead of babe from Opeth, etc.
I really dislike using 'the British', I'd rather use 'Britannic chaps' but that's not pronounciation so meh.
Last edited by Embodiment at Mar 10, 2007,
Quote by NovaLau
how about when people pronouce Z as "zee" instead of "zed" ..can't stand that. Where did this "zee" come from?..who started teaching that?

Although "zee" is the supposedly American pronounciation of Z..I don't see why there should be a different pronounciation or then again a separate English between American and UK English

yea, i live in the States, and i've only heard "zed" once. i didn't even know that's how it was pronounced. but American english and English English are quite different.
Quote by Daedelus
i hate when ****ing fake hipsters cant say sigur ros.

ya, that sucks
i can say it right...but i can't say any of the song titles which kills me
Quote by uhh_me?
ya, that sucks
i can say it right...but i can't say any of the song titles which kills me

hah, yeah.

me and my friends just have fun with those.

"hey, lets listen to hop-hip-lapla"
This drives me nuts.

When people mispronounce Oregon, and say "or-ree-GAWN". It's f*cking "OR-eh-gen"! It annoys me when people try to argue with me on this. I'm from here, I know how to pronounce it.

For some reason, it also bugs me when people say, "Cally" instead of California.
Thorns Of Creation
Melodic Death Metal from Oregon
Check us out.

Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.
Quote by Mr. B

and pop instead of soda.

It is pop! P-O-P!

The people were so confused when I went to florida one summer. We were just like, what kind of pop do you have here? They thought we were talking about drugs or something. Strange how that's such a difference.
Quote by Mein Kampf
When people say honorificabilitudinutatibus instead of honorificabilitudinitatibus

nice one
Quote by Rocker_69
i know americans that call melbourne melbouRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNE (said melben)
and brisbane brIS BAAAAAne (said brizban)

and aussie ossy (said auzzie)

When people say ecscape instead of escape. It drives me nuts!
"Excape" or "Expecially"
THERE IS NO ****ING X IN THOSE WORDS! IT IS "Escape" and "Especially"!
God I it when people ****ing do that.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
"Necrofagist," as opposed to how it is supposed to sound, which it "Necro-fay-jist."
When people say aluminum instead of aluminium it really annoys me. Especially when they insist that its the 'right' way.

Also, mispronounciation of Japanese words doesn't bother me but it is great for a laugh.
Quote by gflip69
Someone called me on my landline (home phone) and asked me where I was.
Quote by LadyHellraiser

Dimmu Borgir - Dimmu Burger

Demon Burger?

I hate when people mispronounce my name.. They pronounce it like 'Alexis' or 'Alexi'. Wankers.
Febury rather than February. Also I hate it when people say 'Faggit' rather than 'Faggot'. I haven't got the sharpest of accents but inferior language like that just pisses me off.
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
when people say aks instead of ask, like in futurama (usually it's people with insanely huge mouth organs who can't pronounce the word ask)
If you have something clever to say, don't bother, most people won't get it.

ZOMFG TEH SP33[) I-I4><!!1!

No... Herman Li's just really good...

"Yes I do like marmalade in my eggs! Thank you for asking!"

Quote by Chubbes_Hammet
How do you sig people?

the river thames pisses me off soo bad
heaps of poeple in australia pronounce it thaymes, when it is actually tems.
Leader of The Mighty Powermetal Brethren. PM me to join.

ALL HAIL DYSTOPIA!!!

Angry Mob