Fail it. Oh you get 250 points for just putting your name
Quote by IbanezSA160
To make a ringing sound with your guitar, take the guitar and ram it as hard as you can into your balls.

Quote by AdayTripper
If the teletubby has a vagina, I'll stick my dick in there.
probly a little late now...
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
go to bed, a good nights sleep is really helpful. also, dont panic while taking the test as it will make you rush. for the writing section, keep it short but use good examples from history or everyday life.
Quote by dio5288
for the writing section, keep it short but use good examples from history or everyday life.

also don't use any racial slurs
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I got a 1060 on mine (520 eng., 540 math, before the whole essay thing) and pretty much if you have no clue what to answer, don't answer it because wrong answers cost you more points than no answer (yes, I know, a bit weird). I'd say get some rest before hand but I couldn't really sleep. Make sure ya bring something to drink and maybe a candy bar because the test can be a bit lengthy.

Pretty much if you just paid attention to a lot of the stuff in class, it's good. I'd say as long as you went up to at least algebra 2, you should do alright on the math. The english...eh, basically try and go over it one last time to make sure you didn't make stupid mistakes on the essay part, because that just depends on who's grading it. If they're a stickler, they'll take points off for it.

That's pretty much my only advice and the best of luck to ya.
yeah, go to sleep.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Nothing man. Just relax. I took a free diagnostic SAT recently and messed it up bad (got only a 1600) because I had a headache and got bored by the final 2 sections so I stopped actually working on the problems. Way too long to do in pain. Just relax and don't let the test overwhelm you. The whole thing is pretty much logic, you just have to have a clear head to do it. The only thing I hate is the stupid analogies with words trhat I've never even heard of and have no roots in Greek or Latin to figure it out.
get off UG and study
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Am I hallucinating or did some one just have a post that said

American SAT's or Australian SAT's?
Quote by IbanezSA160
To make a ringing sound with your guitar, take the guitar and ram it as hard as you can into your balls.

Quote by AdayTripper
If the teletubby has a vagina, I'll stick my dick in there.
Make sure you drink some water before or during it (naturally not so much you need to pee every couple of mins) It's amazing what rehydration can do for the brain...do not drink coke/redbull/coffee prior to it...I find water is much better at keeping me awake/alert.
Call in tomorrow and say 'I've been involved in a plane crash. My family is all dead and I'm a vegetable. See you later!'

Dude, study. It's not that hard to study...
Quote by Embodiment
Call in tomorrow and say 'I've been involved in a plane crash. My family is all dead and I'm a vegetable. See you later!'

Dude, study. It's not that hard to study...

ok, what do i study?
Quote by FeatherBreeze
ok, what do i study?

don't. I don't really believe in studying, but if you're gonna study you do it way before the test, not now. For now just relax so that you can focus on the test. PLay video games, guitar, jack off, get it all out of your system because you have like 12 minutes off in total on a 4 hour test. There's no way you can really study for stuff like math and reading. I believe you even get the equations at the beginning of the math sections, just use a good calculator and graph the stuff you dont know on it, and just read and analyze carefully, but dont over analyze because it makes you second guess yourself.
I believe that a wrong answer is worth -1, while a blank question is worth -.25. I could be wrong though. For whatever reason though, I'm pretty sure leaving a question blank is better than completely guessing, but that's only if you can't eliminate any choices and have no idea. If you can eliminate one or two answers, then definitely guess.

Definitely drink water during the test (in your short breaks between sections, because I don't think you're allowed to while the test is actually occurring. If you eat breakfast, then eat a decent one before. Stay away from candy and sodas before the test, they'll keep you awake for a short while, and then you'll crash and do really poorly after that.

Other than that, get a good night's sleep! That'll help more than anything else right now.
Quote by Zar Mulix
Nothing man. Just relax. I took a free diagnostic SAT recently and messed it up bad (got only a 1600) because I had a headache and got bored by the final 2 sections so I stopped actually working on the problems. Way too long to do in pain. Just relax and don't let the test overwhelm you. The whole thing is pretty much logic, you just have to have a clear head to do it. The only thing I hate is the stupid analogies with words trhat I've never even heard of and have no roots in Greek or Latin to figure it out.

1600 eh...and ya messed up. I take it you're either being really sarcastic or you don't know how the scoring goes, lol.
Quote by Partyboy2k05
1600 eh...and ya messed up. I take it you're either being really sarcastic or you don't know how the scoring goes, lol.

1600 out of 2400, I think that's pretty bad. My friend in front of me fell asleep and he did better, he got like an 1800.
all right, damn
ill knock out and have a good breakfast (Special K FTW!!!)
take me some costco water bottles and have myself a ball

thanks for tellin me to sleep...--'
I got a 2050. Most people I know took it once and did worse than me and then some of them took it again and did better than me, some worse still. I only took it once, I could've done better if I took it again.
Well when I took it, the SAT was a maximum of 1600. That was the highest score you could get. I guess it went up since they added that essay part. That's strange. Because I got some decent scholarship money for scoring over 1000. It was pretty good if you get over 1200. Average score when I took it for most seniors was only 850 or 900.
Meh, I got a 2190, but the sad thing is that your GPA truly does count for more than your SAT score.

Unfortunately (for me, at least), having good work/study habits and being not-that-smart is preferred to having crappy work/study habits and being exceedingly smart.

(P.S. - Don't study. It's not really necessary. I never studied and I got a higher SAT score than the mean averages of almost all the colleges in the nation save for the top half dozen or so.)
Quote by Partyboy2k05
Well when I took it, the SAT was a maximum of 1600. That was the highest score you could get. I guess it went up since they added that essay part. That's strange. Because I got some decent scholarship money for scoring over 1000. It was pretty good if you get over 1200. Average score when I took it for most seniors was only 850 or 900.

I also took that 1600 SAT in 7th grade. Also did badly, but then again I hadn't learned alot of stuff, and I got like a 1250 or something. Wow can't believe the average is that low. Bad thing is that I suck at doing work (mainly becasue I don't do it) so even if I get a good score on the SAT it probably won't count that much to put me at an advantage in any way.
Well, as long as you're g.p.a. is over a 3.0 (B average where I went on a 4.0 scale) you should do fine in that. Also colleges will look at what classes you took your jr. and sr. year, like upper level classes to show you're not slacking off your senior year. They look at your g.p.a. over your entire transcripts over the years and they like to see improvement. So say that you did bad your freshman year and progressively got better, that looks good for colleges because that's how most people do their first year. Either they do bad and drop out or they do alright and keep improving.

But hey, if you do pretty decent on the SAT's even if you're not that great in classes, take what you can get. Cuz that's scholarship money right there.