I've got a pretty nice musicman HH bass, and i screwed something up.

When i got the bass, it was strung up with light guage strings and sounded beautiful. Since i tune anywhere from standard to drop B at any given time, i chose to switch to medium. In doing this i also adjusted the truss rod to lower the strings (I hate high action). Now for some odd reason, any frets above the 10th on the E (especially) and the A sound like two notes which are out of tune with each other. I'm new to the adjustment thing, so i'm sure theres something simple that i need to do to fix this problem. Unfortunately i don't know what the problem is called either so i can't search it up anywhere.

Any advice?

Much appreciated.
since you messed with the action, you need to reintonate the bridge. I might suggest having a guy at your local music shop do it if you never have.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
well, unfortunately my local music shop is about 4 hours away in a city and difficult for me to get to, because my town doesn't really have a music shop. I've tried the intonation thing (harmonic to fret) and thats all in check, but something's still buggered. The only things i haven't adjusted or tried to adjust are the neck tilt and the saddles. Could it be something there?
Quote by bassoad844
well, unfortunately my local music shop is about 4 hours away in a city and difficult for me to get to, because my town doesn't really have a music shop. I've tried the intonation thing (harmonic to fret) and thats all in check, but something's still buggered. The only things i haven't adjusted or tried to adjust are the neck tilt and the saddles. Could it be something there?

no clue, I don't play bass.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Are you sure you intonated it properly? And to lower the action it would probably have been easier to adjust the saddle height on the bridge rather than adjusting the truss rod
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Yeah you really should get it checked out by a friend or someone who knows what they're doing when it comes to setting up a bass. Adjusting the truss-rod is not for the un-initiated!