Okay, so I see a major problem here occuring with my pickups. The neck pickup has gone right down inside on the left hand side and wont come back up even though I've tried with the screws on the side and everything. I don't know what to do and I'm not taking it to the shop cause they'll take all week and I have a gig to do on Wednesday and this guitar is an essential. Here are some pictures although they dont really show the problem. If you have any help it will be greatfully recieved.

Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
try turning the screw
that should raise it

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I already tried that....It didn't work.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
well i was going for the obvious first
so...you could try taking the pickup out to check whats wrong and then put it back in

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Okay...I'm kind of a noob when it comes to stuff like that. Could you take me through the process please?
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
umm...
idk...i never done it before...never had to
maybe you should wait for some more experienced persons to help you...

all i could tell you is some really basic "tutorial"

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Hmmm....Okay....If some more experienced person posts they can tell me. But if they don't could you give me the basic "tutorial" later maybe? Thanks in advance.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
well its basically
strings off
take the screws out of the plastic ring (the 4 outer ones)
and then the pup should come out
if it doesnt you probably have to take the other 2 screws out

but thats as far as my knowledge goes

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

I have no idea how this happened....I didn't notice it last night but this morning it was sloping inwards and it makes a really nasty, muddy tone to it. Are there any risks in taking the pickup out?
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
just don't yank on anything, and the pickup may not come very far out, since it will still be connected to the wiring. They usually have some slack when they install them however. There are 2 adjustment screws on each side of the ring, and 4 screws that hold the ring to the guitar. The pickup is attached to the adjustment screws by metal tabs on the bottom of the pup called "dogears". The screws are threaded thru the dogears, and there is a spring around the adjustment screws between the dogear and the pickup ring. This allows the screws to adjust the height of the pickup. Most likely, the screw has just come off that dogear on that side. It's common to happen if you never adjust your pups. Very easy to fix, just screw it back in, and make sure the spring is still around the screw like a sleeve.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Wow...thank you...I just fixed it...Thank you very much for all your help!
Quote by GodofGuitar1991