I just got a Peavey 15W amp today (finally, something with distortion!)and I was wondering if the CD input jack goes by the volume of the CD player/PC/whatever is plugged into it?
I plugged it into my pc while it(the pc) was on full volume and gave myself a heartattack, which I wasn't too keen on trying twice.
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
Strange, because even with all the knobs turned fully down it still blasted it out...
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
Problem solved, it's really quite loud for something on 25% volume and nothing on the amp turned up past 0. XD
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
Quote by brush200400
it is combined of both

RCA input jacks come after the preamp. therefore, no, otherwise it would end up distorted if you had gain on, the eq would affect it etc.
CD input on an amp is straight to the poweramp section, which bypasses the preamp, and so you cant control volume via the knobs.

On my peavey rage 158, sometimes i use this input to use my amp modeller, since its not coloured by the preamp and the tone is flat.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
i use an ipod through mine, and the volume is only controlled by it. it also gets louder if you have a cable plugged into the guitar input.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008