This quiz is brought to us by Fenderfrk. Thanks for your contribution man. Looks like us UGers have to brush up on figured bass!

The answers should be up around wednesday, but until then, scratch your noodle with the quiz.

1. Identify the following key signature

______ Major or ______Minor

2. How many 32nd notes make up a dotted eighth note?

3. Give a Roman numeral with figured bass analysis of the following passage (be sure to include key!!)

4. Either spell out (ex. C-E-G for a C major chord), or paste in guitar chord form the viiº 42 / V in the key of G major

5. According to Circle of fifths progression rules, the vi chord in any major key can go to what 3 diatonic chords?

6. a. What is the Neapolitan chord?
b. What inversion is it most commonly found in

7. From the bass note, what are the intervals that make up a half diminished 7th chord in 2nd inversion?

Remember, no posting of answers or discussing them. This will warrant a warning.

Send answers to fenderfrk10
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Hey awesome. ive got a question though, who do we send the answers to? Nightwind or fenderfrk?
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Ah, my bad J-Frase. I've edited the main post.

Quote by nightwind
Ah, my bad J-Frase. I've edited the main post.

Haha, J-frase, that name brings back the old times.

But thanks man.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
^ I'm also a pun salesman on the side.

It keeps me witty and annoying

Well my answers are in. If I get 50 percent Ill be happy. That was a tough one.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh

Screaming Help
Arrghh my bad

ALERT ALERT

on the second beat of measure 5 in the analysis passage the Eb in the Alto voice should be an E natural making that chord a viiº7/V. As this was my goof (sorry again...) every one gets this question right as a freebie

sorry again. hope people didn't spend too much time looking at this chord

and Thank You, Psychodelia for bringing this to my attention
hmmmm...
Quote by fenderfrk10
Arrghh my bad

ALERT ALERT

on the second beat of measure 5 in the analysis passage the Eb in the Alto voice should be an E natural making that chord a viiº7/V. As this was my goof (sorry again...) every one gets this question right as a freebie

sorry again. hope people didn't spend too much time looking at this chord

and Thank You, Psychodelia for bringing this to my attention

Wow, I actually did spend a long time on that one. It just didnt make sense to me. Well hey, its a freebie, so ill take it.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh

Screaming Help
when this due by?
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Quote by EZLN libertad
when this due by?

I think the answers are out by next week wednesday.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh

Screaming Help
Quote by justin_fraser
I think the answers are out by next week wednesday.

yep, i'll probably send the answer key to nightwind for him to put up around wednesday
hmmmm...
yes it's five flats in treble clef. As you can tell i was having a hard time getting the CTRL+PrintScrn image cropped and hosted. i'm new to it
hmmmm...
im gonna wait for the answers on this one, because i dont know ANYTHING about figured bass.

edit: lol at my faces.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

tis a good thing my sisters back for spring break from one of the best harp schools in the nation to help me with this weeks quiz
Quote by beadhangingOne
Quote by fenderfrk10
so far, i only have 3 replies

Well that means I have a chance of being in the top 3 with like 30 percent right!! Woot woot!!

Chances are that there will be one more and i will get 4th. Meh, what can ya do.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh

Screaming Help
on second thought, i dont know if im gonna do it this week...
Quote by beadhangingOne
Grr...I can't do it again this week. I have a geometry test tomorrow and I have this biology project where we have to set up a self-sustaining ecosystem