I'm goin to change my bridge pup from a single coil to a humbucker, for my squier.

So I hav 2 pup in mind:

-SD Hot Rail
-Dimarzio Super Distortion S

I have wide interest and will play any song from blues to heavy rock and metals.

Which pup is more suitable for me?

( I love my 11year old Made in Korea Squier and not gonna replace it. )

Oh btw, how to check my squier details? I couldn't check it in squierguitars.com.

Thanks.
Quote by JackFlash19
A musician will work through bad gigs, rough relationships with bandmates, disagreements, and the like to further the success of the band.
I did this, but I just chopped up my pickguard to fit a humbucker.

Anyway, between those 2, I would go for the Dimarzio.
Wow, nice~

The humbuckers I considered are actually single coil sized.
Anyway, thanks for ur opinions.

Anymore SD HB to recommend??
Quote by JackFlash19
A musician will work through bad gigs, rough relationships with bandmates, disagreements, and the like to further the success of the band.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Just not the Hot Rails. If you want a SD, I'd go with a Lil '59, honestly. More versatile, more clarity.

^Is that a Fender-style HB? Those always looked neat to me, haha.

Fender style?
hotrail? lil59? or jb jr?
Quote by JackFlash19
Yeah. The pole piece orientation.

Normal covered HBs are like...

|           |
|o o o o o o|

Yours looks like:

|o o o      |
|      o o o|

Sorry, too lazy to google an actual one.

Threadstarter, see if you can take your pickguard off and see if you can fit a normal sized humbucker there. If so, let me know, I'll have some ideas.
Quote by forsaknazrael

Normal covered HBs are like...

| |
|o o o o o o|

Yours looks like:

|o o o |
| o o o|

Sorry, too lazy to google an actual one.

Threadstarter, see if you can take your pickguard off and see if you can fit a normal sized humbucker there. If so, let me know, I'll have some ideas.

Oh, nope.

It's a regular humbucker, but the pole pieces and screws were painted black, and the paint has just scratched off 3 screws and 3 pole pieces.
Quote by forsaknazrael

ok, will let u know tomorrow. the guitar is not with me right now.
thanks.
Quote by JackFlash19
forsaknazrael

ya, i've seen my guitar n it can fit a normal sized humbucker.
any ideas?
Quote by JackFlash19
Alrighty.

I play blues and hard rock myself, and an excellent humbucker for them is the SH-11 Custom Custom. It cleans up real well, in case you want some smoother blues tones, and will match the bright wood of your Strat nicely. It's also aggressive enough for hard rock and metal.
There's also the SH-5 Duncan Custom, but it doesn't clean up as well as the SH-11.
OK thnx a lot.
Quote by JackFlash19
im going to second the custom custom and the full sized hb.

good thing forsaknazreal was here to agree with me before i posted.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011