seriously what makes a great metal song for each of the metal sub-genres because they all have great attributes which attract awesome sounds from artist.
i am really interested in this question cause the shape of excellent metal music has changed over the eras, which will always effect who listens to the music.

there must also be like an emphasis on the image of the band to make it an all time great song.
More or less the fact that metal bands play what they desire, simply because it's how they channel their emotion, feeling, etc into the instrument they play. Thats what makes a song metal - more than the heavy distortion and the lightning fast guitar solos.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
What Makes A Metal Song?

A Metal Band.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Dyer's Eve
A Metal Band.

comedian.

yeah its what the dude said b4
whatever they feel through their emotions etc expresses the way they play and what genre of metal
something unique and has raw emotion. You might hear a song and ur like yea, thats a catchy tune but then forget about it. That's because they sound like the next band. But when you get someone who is just out there, and really shows wat they think and feel in a unique way, people are captured. And you want to listen to that song over and over. Sometimes crazy insane solos are not required. Altho they are still fun :m:
Wisest is she who knows she does not know.
thanks for your comments they have helped me out so much but is there a basis for the uniquiness to occur becuase it can be a struggle to start writtening songs for my band.
Quote by punk_metal
comedian.

And who the fuck stickied this!?
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Ok that's enough.
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile