Okay, so I'm a beginning guitarist... a couple of years ago a fooled around a bit with some acoustic FirstAct guitar for a couple of weeks, looking back I felt like I wanted to take up guitar again, so I bought a bundle off of zZounds that includes a Squier Stratocaster, an amp, and various other doodads.

Right now I'm just looking around on this and other sites trying to memorize Coheed and Cambria tabs, playing some normally-written stuff at beginner level, chords, blah blah blah. Basically I'm fairly new to the guitar... however, I feel I need a different amp. I'm into taking my gear around and playing at friends houses and stuff, and this Squier SP-10 I have isn't exactly great for that... it's got the chord dangling off of it and it's kind of a lame amp... it's got knobs for treble, bass, and volume, along with a little pitch changer thingy that changes it from "clean" to a grittier rock filter.

So yeah, I'm looking for a new amp. I was thinking the Vox DA5 because you can store the adapter in the back, and it can be battery powered, it's light, small, packs a punch, comes in different colors, and it's durable. All of the things I need, plus, it has more fancy effects, which are always a plus.

So, how much would I be able to sell this lightly used Squier SP-10 for to the music shop, and also, would you recommend the DA5 for my situation?

(By the way, I'm also looking for a new case and strap for my guitar, so any input on that would be awesome too. I'd like a nice padded strap, I've seen one that has a ska checker pattern but I don't know the name. Also... the Fender Strat/Tele hard case... worth it or not?)
i dont think any music shop will take that SP 10 even if u give it to them for free. Im serious
The DA 5 is good and also check the roland microcube
Hey, thanks for the recommendation! I'll be sure to check out that Microcube. About the SP-10's value... yeah... I was kind of expecting that I guess. I'd be happy if they gave me 15 dollars though, but yeah, I'm glad I've got my amp choice narrowed down now.

I'm still wondering about that case and strap though. Anyone know some good models?