This has probably been done before, even though I couldn't find anything with the search button.

Ah well, here goes. Is ANYONE with me when I say that it isn't cool to be anything from an emo to a chav to a mosher? Is ANYONE with me when I say why can't everyone just be themselves instead of cutting their wrists because that's what emo's are meant to do or wear bling bling and Playboy shit because it's 'in'? Does anybody think that labelling totally sucks ass, is closed minded and is a sign that globalisation is winning over people's senses?

Say what you wish, but I just want to know if I'm alone on this or not.

Peace Out
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
no... not really no
If you have something clever to say, don't bother, most people won't get it.

ZOMFG TEH SP33[) I-I4><!!1!

No... Herman Li's just really good...

"Yes I do like marmalade in my eggs! Thank you for asking!"

Quote by Chubbes_Hammet
How do you sig people?

Quote by Saintsatan
Cool people don't get labels.

I agree entirely
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
Well, people will never be honest with themselves because the truth isn't alway pleasant, and it's always easeir to pretend you're a victim of "the system", than to take responsibility for yourself and your actions.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Who cares? I hate when people complain about being labelled. Moan moan moan...cry cry cry...bitch bitch bitch...As long as you know what you like, yourself. That's all that matters.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
I just be myself. Clothes don't label me. I switch it up a lot as far as that. I listen to too many different kinds of music to be a part of a "scene". I'd just leave the labeling out of it. No one can tell you who you are and don't lable anyone else just off hand. If you live life like that you don't have to worry about it.

It's partially to blame on the media and pretty much ignorant people. Just don't buy into it and you don't have to think about it as much. There's no need to label yourself either.
Quote by Rayjohn_Savage
Labels are for soup cans.

/old

Yet it still managed to make me laugh.
If you have something clever to say, don't bother, most people won't get it.

ZOMFG TEH SP33[) I-I4><!!1!

No... Herman Li's just really good...

"Yes I do like marmalade in my eggs! Thank you for asking!"

Quote by Chubbes_Hammet
How do you sig people?

Yeah I hate this labelling crap. At school people used to ask me, and sometimes still do:
Them: Are you a goth?
Me: No.
Them: Are you emo?
Them: Are you punk?
Them: WTF are you then.
Me: My ****ing self, now piss off...

Its not like I go around asking them if they're Greek or Italian. I know, bad kinda metaphore or whatever... But still... Ha I'm Italian lol, I shall say I am an emo, and bring disgrace to them! Muahahahhahaaha...

I'll shut up now...
Stereotypes ftl. I don't fit into any one category, and proud of that.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
God, not another one of these ****ing threads!

labels are gay.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Im with you thread starter, im trying to say it for like a year now, but no one seems to listen

Lucky we dont have it here in Israel, so i only deal with it through the i net
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
well seriously,.. it's not like there's anything particularly wrong with being some kind of person, whether you are a goth, a hippie, a pothead, or whatever the **** you decide you are. But because everyone is raping the idea that we need to classify everything, humans try to fit EVERYONE into some sort of category, which is a pretty idiotic enterprise

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM