Hey, im new to Epiphones, and have 2 fenders before this, anyway...i was wondering if there is a certain way i should have these emgs? like top one raised high, bottom one low etc...and if its on personal pref, can you still sorta tell me which one does etc...and also with the switch, RYTHYM and LEAD i dont get what happens when i switch them.

Now for the bridge.
I have some fret buzz, and took it in to a guitar shop, they said the neck was fine and they raised the bridge, but when im in drop D it still sorta buzzes, is there anything i can do to improve this?

any help i appreciated
www.myspace.com/wearemonsterrs
rhythm is bridge pickupamd lead is neck pick up
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
well it's asvised to have EMG pickups quite close to the strings because the magnets arn't very strong even though they are high power pickups (thats what it said in my EMG manuel anyway). And LEAD is the bridge pickup and RYTHYM is the neck pickup

As for the fret buzz, just very slightley higer the axion by turning the screws at the sides of the bridge
chris: rhythm is bridge pickupamd lead is neck pick up

Thank's! Been wondering about that. How do you feel about the elitist? It's a 1k+ guitar, and I got it at GC for $400.00 and it came with EMG's on it...I think I got a deal cause they usualy cut the price in half or less when they buy stuff back from you.
Rhythm is neck pickup, lead is bridge.

You should probably straighten the neck, i guess you have a shitty epiphone like me, generally the high end ones are as good as a gibson (to an extent).

Also maybe try different strings.
Mattalac: Rhythm is neck pickup, lead is bridge.

You should probably straighten the neck, i guess you have a shitty epiphone like me, generally the high end ones are as good as a gibson (to an extent).

Also maybe try different strings.

The guitar I have is http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Elitist-Les-Paul-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=518403 : The one in black, but with EMG's

I personally dont think its that shitty...I quite like it, just gotta figure that problem out. Thanks thogh!
well it's asvised to have EMG pickups quite close to the strings because the magnets arn't very strong even though they are high power pickups (thats what it said in my EMG manuel anyway). And LEAD is the bridge pickup and RYTHYM is the neck pickup

As for the fret buzz, just very slightley higer the axion by turning the screws at the sides of the bridge

wouldn't that vibrate against the pickup's? the strings*
i have very heavy gage strings, ill try and find the gage tomorow
Not so close that they vibrate, but pretty much as close as you can get without them vibrating against the strings.

That's a really nice guitar!! Top end Epiphone, they're better than Gibson Standards.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Not so close that they vibrate, but pretty much as close as you can get without them vibrating against the strings.

im really a idiot for not thinking that ahaha.

That's a really nice guitar!! Top end Epiphone, they're better than Gibson Standards

thanks, alot of people were saying that as i was leaving GC, and i think i lucked out, i mean $400 for it, straight...the tax was included

oh and hey do you happen to know what this guitar is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW4Pg3G2yYY
Nah it shouldn't, i have an epiphone LP with EMG's (mine ain't an custom elitist like yours though, lucky b****** lol). the trick is too raise the pickups and make sure they don't touch the strings when your hoding down all the strings on the 22nd fret.

That is a very nice guitar you have there though, i'm more into guitars with a thinner neck and V style bodies, but i've always had a soft spot for the black (also white) LP custom. If you want my advice, take off the scratchplate and that little plastic ring under the toggle switch, it will look soo much better imo
Oh right on! Ya im gonna try and get black hardware for this, ill name it Star Jones....j/k (seriously, that was just a joke)
i took off the pickgaurd, and theres these holes where it got screwed in, can those be fixed? also im trying to take off the treble/rythym plate switch (plastic thing, not the plastic piece on the knob) and it seems to be glued, anyone know how i can solve 1 or both of these, thanks