www.myspace.com/wearemonsterrs
well for a start pedals prices differ as the quality increases/decreases
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
Because wah pedal enclosures are far more complicated than standard stompbox enclosures.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
I think it's just that all the companies know that wahs are much more fun to mess around with than basic distortion pedals
Yep, wahs are more complicated, and take higher quality parts to make them usually. The metal used is usually pretty strong, compared to stompboxes (it also takes more to make one) , the pot in the wah is more of an issue than the standard pots in a stompbox. Wah's take more abuse than most other pedals.
Quote by xifr
Because wah pedal enclosures are far more complicated than standard stompbox enclosures.

pretty much it. the pots are a little more, but upgrading to better parts for the quantities they buy adds up to like a nickel or two each.

and they are "harder" to build, so they can sell them for more. which are you more scared of building- a distortion or a wah? (most wahs are actually easier if you have the enclosure)
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!