I bought a Dunlop Crybaby wah pedal (model GCB-95) from the Music Live exhibition at the NEC, Birmingham. It worked fine for 3/4 months but now when i plug the cables in the signal goes straight through the pedal with no wah noise at all - not even a hint of it.
Anyone know whats wrong with it and what i can do with it?
(I've already tried changing the batteries)
Im sure you do know this but have you realised that there is a switch to switch it on? (When you press it down all the way) Knew someone who took one back to a store only to be shown this.
Quote by adscottie
Knew someone who took one back to a store only to be shown this.

LOL! Oh dear I sometimes wonder why they even bother supplying instruction manuals if no-one reads them.
you have to stomp on those things to turn them on.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Happened to me too, only that was one hour after I bought it, and I managed to figure out the solution myself.
does it click when you press it down all the way?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
have you tried opening it up and checking if all the wires are connected?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Click it while plugged in. Is it fixed?
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
yeah it clicks and everything when plugged in, but its as though there isnt even a pedal there at all - no sign of any wah.
take the rubber feet off

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

right done that.
all the wires eems fine - there was a fair amount of fluff/dust - wiped that iff but theres still no sign of life from it.
you know you have to move the pedal to make it sound right?
just checkin...

i'd say get it checked at a shop

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Post some pics of the insides if you can... if your camera has it, use the macro setting (should be a button with a flower on it) and take some really good pics of the switch, the pot, the top side of the PCB where all the components are, and the bottom side traces.

It could be any number of reasons really... how old is it? Are you using a battery or DC plug? Try using a different battery or using a bat instead of the DC plug. Can you see any gunk or burnt residue on any components especially the electrolytic caps (the tall cylindrical components that are black or blue, with a stripe running down the one side)?
Hai UG!
Try connecting it to a power supply as opposed to using a battery. Maybe something's wrong with the battery connection.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator