hey guys pickups advice nedded....i play heavy stuff..like lamb of god , metallica , slayer .....but also malmsteens.. and blusy stuff....any suggestions....the more specific thanx the better
Depends on what amp you have, what you feel is lacking from your tone and what you want to add to it. Naming bands doesn't really help much, you need to describe your tone currently and then explain how you want to change it.

Having said that you've got a V7 and V8 so I know what they sound like already
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
actually i have a no name amp...my dad got me a kareoke amplifier wit a seperate speaker....however my friend told me the sond is not that bad ....and i'm buying somthing good (ampp) in future
amp before pickups most definitly lmao, i suggest a Roland Cube for those bands
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
New amp, no question - you can't even begin to think about pickups until that's sorted. That's like buying tyres before you have a car.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Ubershall404
EMG 81 85 no question

no, not for malmsteen or blues for that matter. they are active and arent good for cleans/light distortion. you might want a set of single coils for malmsteen and blues. malmsteen uses dimarzio YJM's, but yeah, get a new amp first.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by steven seagull
New amp, no question - you can't even begin to think about pickups until that's sorted. That's like buying tyres before you have a car.

+1... apart from anything, you need to decide what you want your new pickups to do to your new amp's voicing and gain level.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ditto

Get a new amp first. Sure hey, you might even like the tone of those pickups through the new amp, where as if you get the pups in first you'll never know what it would have sounded like (unless you uninstall them).