How to get more sustain?? I currently have a Godin Freeway Classic running through a Digitech RP80 pedal and into a Laney HCM15R amp (habitually staying @ 1 volume.. off 10)

When I hit natural harmonics, they don't stay really long like Dimebag did or etc. How do I get a better sustain??
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
higher gain, for sure. more treble. this may be a beginner thing, but make sure if you're playing natural harmonics to lift your finger OFF the string once you've played the harmonic.

some guitars have better sustain than others. A bolt-on neck tends to sustain less (i think) and a set neck (like on a les paul) allows for long sustain. The type of body wood on the guitar effects it too. Mahogany is known for great sustain...

but yeah... typically, higher gain gets a richer harmonic, and higher volume helps it last longer too. Try that.
If you really want sustain, neck-through guitars are the best in terms of that. Plus what they said- gain, volume, treble, high pickups, and some compression.
if you raise pickups too much, it'll actually kill your sustain. Raise or lower your pickups to find the sweet spot would be more accurate