What key harmonica should i get if i want it to be in the same key as a guitar?
I know it might sound like a stupid question but i just don't want to waste my money.
Is it the key of C
buddy, you can play guitar in different keys. It depends what key your playing in.

EDIT: woa, a user since 2004? shouldnt you know that already, or did i misunderstand the question?
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
I got my harmonica in E, i think you can get special ones with every note though.
Harmonica and guitar are both in concert pitch. What that means is that the C on a harmonica is the same as a C on the guitar. If the guitar is playing in, say, E major, the harmonica should too.
Quote by 812many
buddy, you can play guitar in different keys. It depends what key your playing in.

EDIT: woa, a user since 2004? shouldnt you know that already, or did i misunderstand the question?

Length of time here really has little to do with anything. Maybe he isn't active, or maybe he doesn't come to MT. Maybe, he hasn't read the harmonica threads that pop up.

Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
no im sorry cokeisbetter i have been learning harmonica and if the guitar player is playing in G then you wanna use a C harp, look it up on the net there are chart on what to use, most beginners start with a c though because you can make it sound good with other keys anyways,
start researching the harmonica to find all this out because i cant really explain to you why you match up different keys without going through a whole tutorial practically
fender strat
fender acoustic
line6 spider 2 150 watt
can of, rock your face off

..................you cant spell crap without rap.......................
no. that's to play G mixolydian, and since harmonica is in a lot of blues it's likely you may use it this way. but a harmonica in C major is most likely the harmonica for a song in C major.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
it all depends on what style youre playing. do you want it bluesy? or just a simple melody over the guitar?