Ive been hearing alot about true bypass for pedal. Im planning on getting a vox V847 and im wondering if true bypass is a mod or somthing i can do, how easy is it or where can i get it done? or for that matter, what exactly is it?
It means the pedal is completely bypassed when not in use, aka the tone not changing at all. You can mod it but you'd probably have to get it done by a company (eg Keeley), and it will cost you
so is it really worth doing? what happens if its plugged in but not being used, does it make a unwanted sound?
It alters the tone, saps volume and usually takes out some highs.
what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

Check out my recordings
check out the wah modding thread in the GC&B forum

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
the mod is easy and makes a big difference. It only costs about $15 and takes 20-30 minutes. All you need to know how to do is solder and strip the end of wire.

Plugging into the input "turns the battery on" so unplug the input when not in use
Last edited by Gutch220 at Mar 10, 2007,
Quote by Gutch220
the mod is easy and makes a big difference. It only costs about $15 and takes 20-30 minutes. All you need to know how to do is solder and strip the end of wire.

Plugging into the input "turns the batterey on" so unplug the input when not in use

Assuming you have the tools and experience, it takes 5 minutes and less than 10$.
Actually, to piggyback on this, exactly what materials do you need to mod it to true bypass? I'm planning on doing it to mine.
Quote by cokeisbetter
Actually, to piggyback on this, exactly what materials do you need to mod it to true bypass? I'm planning on doing it to mine.

- carling DPDT switch
- soldering iron/solder
- phillips head screwdriver
- 22-24 gauge stranded wire
- wire cutter/stripper

Quote by mr_hankey
Assuming you have the tools and experience, it takes 5 minutes and less than 10$.

thats pushing it. the switches alone are almost always >$10, And 5 minutes is a little extreme don't you think.
Last edited by Gutch220 at Mar 10, 2007,
Quote by Gutch220

thats pushing it. the switches alone are almost always >$10, And 5 minutes is a little extreme don't you think.

Of course not; nearly all DPDT switches are just under the $10 mark; and the actual process is just de/re/soldering a few wires, and replacing the switch. Doesn't take much time. I guess if you include heating up the soldering iron and getting everything ready it will easily take 10 min, but what difference does five minutes make anyway?
is it possible to take your pedals to a guitar shop and let them do it to all of your pedals?

how much would it cost per pedal?