Does anyone know what kind of effect(s) Chris is using in Hysteria by Muse? I've heard that effect a million times before, i've always liked it, and I just don't know what its called lol. The first thing that came to mind is a phaser but after i heard what they do, clearly its not that. I'm kind of a noob for effects, i usually just play lol.
I think it's a fuzz or synth pedal, but I haven't listened to the song in a while...
Russian Big Muff for the fuzz, through an incredibly complicated signal chain and amp setup.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Its a really weird one, listen closely and there's a clean bassline, then a really short delay followed by the same riff but through the muff. If you get what I mean...
its muff in one cabinet
Akai deep impact in another.
Clean in another.
And Mids.
Lots of them
And solo the bridge pup.
Quote by andyd93
You sir, are correct.
Quote by parker_muse
its muff in one cabinet
Clean in another.
And Mids.
Lots of them
And solo the bridge pup.

Exactly what I was gonna say.
I use a Z Vex Woolly Mammoth fuzz for playing fuzzed up stuff. It can also double up as a wicked overdrive if you've got the right settings. When I use it for Hysteria, it sounds less synthy and more meaty, especially with a bit of Mid-Scoop so if you don't want his exact tone and want something with a bit more growl, I'd recommend one of these. I was recently helping out some friends of mine at a BOTB and during our 'Time is Running Out' cover I blew people's heads away. Well, maybe just a little, it's a great fuzzbox, I recommend it to everyone.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
Quote by parker_muse
its muff in one cabinet
Clean in another.
And Mids.
Lots of them
And solo the bridge pup.

He's got it. Nice one.
signature
wtf duz an akai Deep impact do neways?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Digital Synthesizer

The boss SYB-5 and digitech synth wah are all trying to be as gooda s it.

Its been dis continued fo a long time now
Quote by andyd93
You sir, are correct.
i see, well i can't wait until i'm rich enuf to get a similar rig.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
yea hes got a wicked tone in that song
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
Oh, well i've seen those around. I didn't actually know that was what they were for lol. So what about that guitar effects? Whats Matt got going on?
Quote by lyingfromyou
Oh, well i've seen those around. I didn't actually know that was what they were for lol. So what about that guitar effects? Whats Matt got going on?

The Guitar Forum/Muse thread will have your answer.
Some Guy?