To start off, it will be a 7 string, as this guitar will be used for playing all types of metal, and heavy music.

Body wood: Im thinking of going with Alder? I heard it has good low end and low midrange characteristics, as well as good high end and sustain, and I already own a mahogany guitar. Im thinking of getting it quilted maple.
Bridge: Original Floyd Rose or Edge Pro?
Pick ups: I'll have to look into 7 string passive pickups, any recommendations? Configuration H - H, or H - S - H

Fretboard: Indian Rosewood, I want 24 frets, I've heard of scalloped frets, where I guess the action is supposedly perfect? (Anyone know much about this?)
Type of neck: It will have neck thru-body construction, I've heard of 3 piece necks and 5 piece necks, I dont know anything about that yet though so I'll need your opinions here.
I want a thin Ibanez type neck for fast shredding, something similar to a high end S prestige, or RG prestige, dimention recommendations?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot in advance. =)
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
It sounds like an interesting project. What sort of advice are you looking for? Have you built a guitar before?

Here's a list of guitar building resources I put together on my blog. They were all very helpful in building my first guitar - http://buildingtheergonomicguitar.blogspot.com/2007/02/building-guitars-ten-resources-for.html

If you're looking for confirmation of how various woods impact sound, Warmoth has a good overview - http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/options/options_bodywoods.cfm

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rob
check the sticky to get sites that you can buy materials off, tutorials, and other resources

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
I've actually never built a guitar before, and I plan on getting this brought to a luthier to get it constructed, since I want it to be top of the line, as this will be my main guitar for gigging for my metal/hardcore band.
I was hoping to find the names of some companies or luthiers that build guitars in Canada, so I can approach them and see how much money I'll have to spend.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded