Hey guys

when i change the rectifier select switch on my dual rectifier it doesnt work on the vacum tubes (normal) selection but it works sweet as a nut on the silicon dioides (high power) selection, anybody have a reason why?

everything else is working fine

cheers

phil
maybe the 5U4 tubes are blown/defective? not too experienced with mesas, though i could go for one about now...
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
I would imagine that it probably means you need a new 5U4 rectifier tube, but take someone else's advice over mine lol.
PRS Custom 22
Epiphone LP Custom
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T

Fender PT-100 Tuner
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon
Digitech Tone Driver
MXR Phase 100
Ernie Ball VP Jr Volume Pedal

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Road King
'69 Fender Super Bassman
^ yeah, that sounds like it. the recto tube. or something else in that part of the circuit that the silicon diodes don't use (probably only the tube, but I'm not familiar with the schematic).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?