Poll: Which guitar would you get?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar would you get?
EC-400 EMG 81/60 actives
20 51%
EC-400 Seymour duncan 5/jazz
10 26%
EC-400 archtop with Set of Seymour Duncan JB59s
9 23%
Voters: 39.
I was wondering about which guitar you would have bought and if you could tell us why you chose that one (like what you prefer to play hence the choice of pickups etc.)

ESP LTD EC-400 with Seymour Duncan 5 (bridge) and jazz (neck)

or

ESP LTD EC-400 with EMG 81/60 actives

or

ESP LTD EC-400 archtop with set of Seymour Duncan JB59s

So which will it be?
2nd one.
I like the active pickups, and 81's and 60's are easily top knotch. It gives me a whole variety of sound, and I love em.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
First one, then the third one, then the second...
I'm not a huge fan of EMG's..
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
ESP LTD EC-400 with EMG 81/60 actives

This.
It's true, this stuff I make up.
~Dom~
The EMG set for playing out and out metal and nothing else, the Custom 5/Jazz for playing pretty much anything. I'm guessing the other option is actually a JB/'59 pair as I've never heard of the JB59...that's bottom of the pile simply because you can never quite predict how the JB is going to sound from one rig to the next.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Get whichever you want since they all can be pretty versitile. Yes, the Seymour Duncans will be a little more versatile then the EMGs, but you should be able to nail pretty much the same tones with both of them. And don't believe what people say about EMG's cleans suck, if you want to hear them clean, then click here. I know it won't be everyone's cup-o-tea, but it doesn't suck either.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by steven seagull
The EMG set for playing out and out metal and nothing else, the Custom 5/Jazz for playing pretty much anything. I'm guessing the other option is actually a JB/'59 pair as I've never heard of the JB59...that's bottom of the pile simply because you can never quite predict how the JB is going to sound from one rig to the next.

+1 EDIT: though, I prefer the '59 to the jazz- if there was a custom 5 paired with a '59, that'd be the one I'd pick. Also, it must be noted, there's not much in it, you can switch the pickups later if you aren't happy. If you have it decided down to the pickups, don't fret (pun not intended) too much.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dom5412
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TZPv8w1F7CY

Just for metal eh Steven?

THATS MAH VIDEO! :0

I say get the third one. The archtop will be all worth it with the JB/59 combo.

Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Archtop with JB and 59.

Better look, I prefer the feel of an arch top (big hands - guitars with flat bodies tend to not work with my hands). The 59 in the Neck would work, but the JB would have to be changed (though I like the JB - doesn't work so well in a mahog-o-log)
So what actually is an archtop? what sets it apart from the non-archtop guitar bodies?
Archtop has an arched body. The middle is higher than the outer, kinda like where a sunburst pattern would be.
....lol. I personally think it looks better...

But it's goint to be quite similar to the les paul, considering it has an arch top, because the arch top gives it more oomph so there will be more sustain with the guitar.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
THATS MAH VIDEO! :0

I know. I posted it because it pwns.
It's true, this stuff I make up.
~Dom~
Oh ok, so what would be better for me to get then, a EC-400 Archtop and that's that,
or should I get a standard fender stratocaster AND get a Dunlop crybaby wah-wah with the money that I save from not buying the ESP?
^Really depends on what you want, but I don't reccomend getting a crybaby wah.

You can always get a arch-top with 81's and 60's...

Quote by Dom5412
I know. I posted it because it pwns.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Weak sweep...

If you can stretch the amount, you may want to get a 535Q or a vox wah 847.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R